Bluesman Mike Lindner   04-19-2004, 05:49 PM
I'm looking at the new logo on the cover and spine of HAUNTED AIR and boy, do I miss the old logo. The old Jack looked cat-alert and ready for sudden action. The new one seems to be scratching his head in bewilderment.
APhew   04-20-2004, 09:55 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:I'm looking at the new logo on the cover and spine of HAUNTED AIR and boy, do I miss the old logo. The old Jack looked cat-alert and ready for sudden action. The new one seems to be scratching his head in bewilderment.

Unfortunately they took that shot after he went "bezerk" in "All the Rage". I must admit, he does look quite bewildered, but wouldn't you be? Simply a matter of poor timing on the photographers part.
Mailedbypostman   04-20-2004, 11:25 PM
To tell you the truth, i really didn't notice the difference. Sad

Contradictions Detected
It does not matter if our answers disagree, as over time the game will change its answers to reflect common knowledge. If you feel that the game is in error, the only way to fix it is to play again.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   04-23-2004, 12:42 PM
Mailedbypostman Wrote:To tell you the truth, i really didn't notice the difference. Sad

A book's cover art plays a big role in its sales. I've been in bookselling almost 40 years, and I've seen covers that left me wondering why the author didn't hop a fast freight to his publisher's office and strangle the art director...slowly. Paul's cover art has generally been very good, with some real beauties (DYDEETOWN WORLD and MIDNIGHT MASS are standouts). Still, with the publishing business as tough and competitive as it is, why not grab for every advantage? The old, dramatic Jack logo was eye-catching. The new one (to my eyes, anyway) just isn't.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   04-23-2004, 12:44 PM
APhew Wrote:Unfortunately they took that shot after he went "bezerk" in "All the Rage". I must admit, he does look quite bewildered, but wouldn't you be? Simply a matter of poor timing on the photographers part.

Especially when Jack saw him, and thought the camera was a gun...
Mailedbypostman   04-23-2004, 10:22 PM
Heh. I see the difference now. the old jack is crouched with his leg out. The new one is simply standing there.

Contradictions Detected
It does not matter if our answers disagree, as over time the game will change its answers to reflect common knowledge. If you feel that the game is in error, the only way to fix it is to play again.