Maggers   01-23-2005, 07:03 PM
Johnny Carson's passing marks the end of an era. When we were finally old enough to be allowed to stay up that late, my brothers and I loved to watch him. He was probably the greatest straight man in television, and he could do a double take like nobody's business.

So far as I'm concerned, there hasn't been a personality in late night television who has been able to fill his shoes. He was king of a different era, but it was a fun one and he gave us, me, a great ride for a long time.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Biggles   01-23-2005, 07:28 PM
Maggers Wrote:Johnny Carson's passing marks the end of an era. When we were finally old enough to be allowed to stay up that late, my brothers and I loved to watch him.

I used to turn my TV down real low and watch him (because I wasn't allowed to be up that late on school nights). Sad

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
Sam   01-23-2005, 08:52 PM
IMHO there hasn't been a real late night tv show host since Johnny retired. I quit watching his show after Leno took over. The other shows just don't have "it". I lost a lot of sleep when I was young thanks to Johnny.

"The nose of a mob is its imagination. By this, at any time, it can be quietly led." - Edgar Allan Poe

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K
Ken Valentine   01-24-2005, 02:26 AM
Maggers Wrote:Johnny Carson's passing marks the end of an era.

Sad.

Ken V.
the Oracle   01-24-2005, 12:22 PM
RIP

Signed,
Rip