Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6   
Mr_Falcon   01-25-2005, 06:15 PM
I was a teenager in the early 80's and there was one, and only one best scene in a movie at that time. Any male my age still is likely to consider it to be the best movie scene of all time.
Guys- the Phoebe Cates (sp?) scene in Fast Times at Ridgemont High. You know which one I am reffering to. Enough said? Cool
jimbow8   01-25-2005, 06:20 PM
The funeral pyre of Darth Vader at the end of Return of the Jedi.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Joe Konrath   01-25-2005, 11:22 PM
"Fix the cigarette lighter."
"Disco pants and haircuts."
"I hate Illinois Nazis."
"We're on a mission from God."
"Three orange whips."
"We have both kinds, country and western."
"One prophylactic... soiled."
"We're on a mission from God."
"We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark out, and we're wearing sunglasses."

And on and on. Perhaps the only movies more quotable than BB are Caddyshack and Airplane.

Joe
http://www.JAKonrath.com
KRW   01-26-2005, 12:08 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:The funeral pyre of Darth Vader at the end of Return of the Jedi.

It's a great scene, but it will mean a whole lot more for me after the upcoming film.

KRW
KRW   01-26-2005, 12:10 AM
Mr_Falcon Wrote:I was a teenager in the early 80's and there was one, and only one best scene in a movie at that time. Any male my age still is likely to consider it to be the best movie scene of all time.
Guys- the Phoebe Cates (sp?) scene in Fast Times at Ridgemont High. You know which one I am reffering to. Enough said? Cool

OHHH YYYEEEAAAHHH!!!!!!

KRW
Peter   01-27-2005, 04:41 PM
Just to keep up my reputation for joining in on threads that are pretty well played out......

About 40 posts ago someone said Conan's first words were Crom, a common misconception but actually they were " To see your enemies run before you and hear der lamentations of their vomen folk". And now I gather he is governing one of your states, oh deary, deary me....

Oh, while I am here, it may not have been in the 80's but The Woman in Red, not a great film but when she looks into Gene Wilders eyes and says "you've dreamt about this for a long time, well now it's really happening" I just KNEW she meant me! Damn, Ive forgotten her name, my ideal fantasy woman and Ive forgotten her name. Does this just happen as you get older or am I being punished for something?
Scott Miller   01-27-2005, 04:48 PM
Peter Wrote:Oh, while I am here, it may not have been in the 80's but The Woman in Red, not a great film but when she looks into Gene Wilders eyes and says "you've dreamt about this for a long time, well now it's really happening" I just KNEW she meant me! Damn, Ive forgotten her name, my ideal fantasy woman and Ive forgotten her name. Does this just happen as you get older or am I being punished for something?

You're trying to remember Kelly LeBrock-also known as the Weird Science woman.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Sam   01-27-2005, 07:44 PM
[QUOTE=Peter]About 40 posts ago someone said Conan's first words were Crom, a common misconception but actually they were " To see your enemies run before you and hear der lamentations of their vomen folk". And now I gather he is governing one of your states, oh deary, deary me....QUOTE]

Uh, actually it was... Warlord - " Conan!! What is best in life?"
Conan - "Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women."
If you were talking about the film, that is. "Crom!" was the 2nd thing he said in the movie. and the 3rd of course was, " Snakes!! Did you say snakes?!" Yeah, I've watched it a couple times. Rolleyes

"The nose of a mob is its imagination. By this, at any time, it can be quietly led." - Edgar Allan Poe

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K
Peter   01-28-2005, 06:46 PM
What a result! I have been reminded of my fantasy womans name (well, something to shout out, when, er, lets move on) and confirmation of Conans first words! I, of course meant Governor Schwarneggers first words. But it still a comfort to think someone else has watched the film often enough to remember these things. A truly great movie. As I have said before, Dustin Hoffman is an infinitely better actor, but would you have had him to play Conan? The answer is NAH!

I thank you all
Kenji   03-06-2005, 05:07 AM
Oh, well......I know this is old thread, but just now I watched one movie of 1985. If you saw this opening title, you will know surely this is movie of 1980s.

To
LIVE

and
DIE

in
LA

Director is William Friedkin. This movie reminded me of his best movie, French Connection. Car chase scenes were GREAT!

Car chase at opposite car lane, that's my favorite scene.

Casting is also wonderful. William Petersen as Federal agent. Yeah, now he has popular character, Grissom in CSI. But this movie was 1985. He was young and slim.

Willem Dafore as a false bank notes maker. His bad guy role has no mercy, weird and captivating. He has always overriding impression.

And other actors, John Turturro, Dean Stockwell, they were good, too.

Another factor of 80s. That all music and songs are Wang Chang. Big Grin Oh......I love 80s!

Actually, some day I will go to video rental store, and I'll rent this video. Because, I saw it on TV, and TV air time was 2 hour. But this movie is 116 min. So, about 30 min were deleted. Sad

BTW, this Japanese title was "LA 大捜査線 狼たちの街" (LA great investigations; Wolves's Town)....Does it make a sense?
This post was last modified: 03-06-2005, 05:58 AM by Kenji.
Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6