Pages (2):    1 2
jimbow8   01-13-2005, 04:38 PM
Since we're sort of on a zombie topic here, I just want to add that Shaun of the Dead is AWESOME and possibly the best zombie movie ever! If you appreciate the humor of Evil Dead (and it looks like those of us in this thread do) and haven't seen it, do yourself a favor and GO SEE IT RIGHT NOW!

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Kenji   01-13-2005, 05:27 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:Captain Supermarket!

Now THAT is funny! Big Grin

Look at this link. Can you read this katakana, "キャプテン・スーパーマーケット"? Thi is Captain supermarket. Big Grin Big Grin

http://images-jp.amazon.com/images/P/B00...ZZZZZZ.jpg
bkwormonthenet   01-13-2005, 06:47 PM
Scott wrote: "Me neither. If you are watching these movies for their realism, you missed the boat."

Gotta agree with that. I thought ARMY OF DARKNESS was hilarious fun. Silly, stupid slapstick all the way. When Ash falls into the skeletons and they poke his eyes and pick his nose with their buried arms, I was just cracking up.

ARMY OF DARKNESS also has an acting connection with DOCTOR WHO, so that adds to it for me, personally. The actor playing Lord Arthur, Marcus Gilbert, also played Ancelyn in the story "Battlefield," from the 26th season of DOCTOR WHO, back in 1989 -- incidentally, a story about King Arthur having come from another dimension.

A question, though. There seem to be so many different cuts of ARMY OF DARKNESS. I saw the one with the original Sam Raimi intended ending, where Ash oversleeps. I've heard there is a different ending where he goes back and battles a Deadite in the S-mart. Has anyone seen that version?

Sean
Sam   01-13-2005, 09:36 PM
bkwormonthenet Wrote:I've heard there is a different ending where he goes back and battles a Deadite in the S-mart. Has anyone seen that version?Sean

That's the only version I knew of. Was a different version released overseas or something?? Like to see that.

"The nose of a mob is its imagination. By this, at any time, it can be quietly led." - Edgar Allan Poe

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K
Blake   01-13-2005, 09:50 PM
Sam Wrote:That's the only version I knew of. Was a different version released overseas or something?? Like to see that.

Both versions are out on DVD now, and you can even get them in the same set. It's called the "Boomstick Edition". Just search for Army of Darkness at Amazon.com, and it'll pop right up.

The "director's cut" is the original version of the film Sam Raimi made, and it's the way it was seen outside of the U.S. Here, however, it was trimmed down and a new ending was made, which is the (in)famous S-Mart ending.

Personally, I think both endings are hilarious and indispensable, so I have to have both versions. Smile The original version where Ash oversleeps is more appropriate for the original concept, though.

Blake

Please support Friends of Washoe.
Pages (2):    1 2