Pages (10):    1 6 7 8 9 10   
Maggers   01-14-2005, 01:12 PM
What a thread this has turned into!

Oh my, we are quite a bunch. Of what, I'm not sure, but I'm still glad to be here. Big Grin

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Maggers   01-14-2005, 01:18 PM
Keith the Elder Wrote:Thanks.

No, it's my daughters.

That cat is a mean mutha'
shut your mouth
I'm talkin about Snappy

Nobody can get near that kitty except for my daughter. He will hiss, scratch, bite, lay in wait under furniture and attack feet of anybody else. He could give Sal Roma's monkey a good thrashing

These are my guys

Very funny, Keith! Big Grin

Your family must have some mighty scarred ankles! The cats are beautiful.
This post was last modified: 01-14-2005, 01:20 PM by Maggers.

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Keith the Elder   01-14-2005, 01:38 PM
Maggers Wrote:Very funny, Keith! Big Grin

Your family must have some mighty scarred ankles! The cats are beautiful.

Thanks.

Snappy is one of your NYC neighbors
Every time we visit, I vow to tame that beast
Scott Miller   01-14-2005, 02:40 PM
I also apologize, but with a caveat: if you say stupid things in public, and it was the stupidity of the statement that bothered me more than the lesbo, you should expect to be criticized.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
jimbow8   02-24-2005, 11:37 AM
I gotta give props to Ellen Degeneres. She was on the radio this morning and told one of those stupid corny jokes that you can't help but laugh at.

Q: What is the best time of day to go to the dentist?

A: 2:30 (Tooth Hurty)

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Maggers   02-24-2005, 12:30 PM
Rolleyes
jimbow8 Wrote:I gotta give props to Ellen Degeneres. She was on the radio this morning and told one of those stupid corny jokes that you can't help but laugh at.

Ahh...now I get it.....

I enjoy her tremendously. I'm watching her talk show right now, which I think is the best thing to happen to daytime television in years. (I'm home sick today. *sniff sniff* I feel really rotten. *sniff * sneeze* *sniff* *cough* phlegmy cough* sneeze *) Rolleyes

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

ccosborne3   02-24-2005, 12:38 PM
I've missed this thread. This thread had all the elements needed to achive thread greatness.

It was the Hamlet of threads.
ccosborne3   02-24-2005, 12:46 PM
Maggers Wrote:Rolleyes

Ahh...now I get it.....

(I'm home sick today. *sniff sniff* I feel really rotten. *sniff * sneeze* *sniff* *cough* phlegmy cough* sneeze *) Rolleyes

Sadly, it took me a couple of minutes to figure it out.

Hope you feel better Maggers. I hate catching a cold at the end of winter. Just when you think you got it beat.
Keith the Elder   02-24-2005, 12:57 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:I gotta give props to Ellen Degeneres. She was on the radio this morning and told one of those stupid corny jokes that you can't help but laugh at.

I first read that in Boy's Life in the 60's in it's racist non-PC form: "When does a Chinaman go to the dentist?"

also the Mexican weather report: "Chili today and hot tamale"

keith the elder
Maggers   02-24-2005, 03:37 PM
ccosborne3 Wrote:I've missed this thread. This thread had all the elements needed to achive thread greatness.

It was the Hamlet of threads.

OMG! You aren't kidding! LOL! Can we give this thread a star? CAn we rate it? Isn't there a mechanism to do that? I just clicked the "thumb's up." Wonder where it will go?

OK, now I see where the icon goes - on top of my post.

Poor Sublime...I don't think he's been back since he posted on this thread.

OK, I just rated this thread 5 stars! Who knew you could do that? Now can people disagree? How does that work?

OMG...I just re-read what I posted here and it sounds as if my cold medicine has taken hold and given me a speed head!
This post was last modified: 02-24-2005, 04:16 PM by Maggers.

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Pages (10):    1 6 7 8 9 10