Scott Miller   01-08-2005, 11:19 AM
Garden State is a low-key charmer, a dramedy if you will. It deals with an issue that I feel is going to become more prevalent as medicated kids start reaching adulthood and stop taking their meds. Definitely worth the rent.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Marc   01-09-2005, 02:42 PM
I just finished watching this and have to agree. All the actors were great... very believable. It's a well told story that is fresh, funny and touching. If you get a chance to check it out do so. It's well worth your time.
Maggers   02-27-2005, 03:32 PM
*************SPOILER ALERT FOR GARDEN STATE AND MILLION DOLLAR BABY****************

I just saw "Garden State," and agree with everything that's been written on this thread.

Having recently seen "Million Dollar Baby," I was struck with the similarity between Largeman's (Zach Brach) mother and Hilary Swank's character in MDB and the manner in which each of those characters came to be how they were. Though Largeman's mother appears only in a photograph, she looms large in the film and in his life.

"Garden State" is a moving, truthful, touching and relevant little movie. Natalie Portman was endearing and Zach Brach was just terrific as actor, writer and director. Wowie! What a debut! And Peter Sarsgaard has become one of my favorite new faces to watch; I'll seek out his films. "Shattered Glass, for one, is terrific.

Psychiatrists should never, ever, never, ever, never, ever treat anyone in their family. N E V E R! Woo hoo, talk about boundary-less. Very bad idea.

I thoroughly enjoyed "Garden State" and highly recommend it.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd