Pages (2): 1 2   
fpw   01-07-2005, 03:19 PM
http://www.sunnimaravillosa.com/archives/00000129.html

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Dave   01-07-2005, 03:51 PM
fpw Wrote:http://www.sunnimaravillosa.com/archives/00000129.html

Couldn't have said it better myself. No, really, very well written and heartfelt.

Dave
Lisa   01-07-2005, 04:02 PM
Hey, that's cool. Is this person on the board?

Lisa
Scott Hajek   01-07-2005, 04:25 PM
That pretty much sums it up. I completely agree.

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
Maggers   01-07-2005, 04:34 PM
Ditto, ditto, and ditto. Sunni said it all. Lovely tribute, and all of it's true.

Go right ahead and blush, boss, you deserve the accolades.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Mr_Falcon   01-07-2005, 04:46 PM
What I find interesting about the article is that from a political viewpoint, I have found FPW and Heinlein to be very similar. Interesting to compare, because Heinlein preaches his viewpoints much more- for example Starship Troopers- while with FPW it seems as if he just integrates the libertarian philosophy into RJ's day-to-day life.
It is kind of difficult to tell as I am new here, but it seems to me that many of the people here share FPW's libertarian beliefs. I think that what makes him such an engaging writer is that I sort of don't. Oh- there are some libertarian thngs I agree with and others I do not. Most importantly, you can enjoy RJ no matter your beliefs or political affiliations.
fpw   01-07-2005, 05:45 PM
Lisa Wrote:Hey, that's cool. Is this person on the board?

No. No time, she says. I know the feeling.

But she has one of the most intelligent blogs out there (I thought so even before she posted that piece).

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Scott Miller   01-07-2005, 05:52 PM
fpw Wrote:No. No time, she says. I know the feeling.

But she has one of the most intelligent blogs out there (I thought so even before she posted that piece).

What is a blog?

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
jimbow8   01-07-2005, 06:02 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:What is a blog?
Short for web log. It is basically a form of online journal or diary.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Scott Miller   01-07-2005, 06:09 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:Short for web log. It is basically a form of online journal or diary.

Cause web log is so long. Thanks.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Pages (2): 1 2