Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6   
DaveStrorm   01-05-2005, 05:59 PM
APhew Wrote:My wife and I have never missed an episode. I'm a huge "Alias" fan, so when I found out J.J. Abrams was creating a new show there was no way I was going to miss it. It hasn't let me down yet.

ALIAS premier tonight too! I read over at Ain't It Cool that they've added a couple of writers from "Angel".

Love both Lost and Alias. I will be a couch potato tonight that's for sure. I watched the finale from last season of Alias again last night so I'm primed for something really good this season. And I've been waiting for a couple or three weeks or whatever it's been on a new Lost episode.
Scott Miller   01-05-2005, 06:02 PM
thisisatest Wrote:Steve D
In no friggin' way! TWIN PEAKS just starting spinning its wheels in the final season. It started out well, but kept adding loose ends instead of tying them up into a viable conclusion or towards a conclusion. LOST is doing the same thing, but their loose ends are tying together...so far (keeping fingers crossed).

On a separate note: I own virtually everything on TWIN PEAKS--DVDs, VHS tapes, books, etc. So you can count me as a TWIN PEAKS geek too. The TWIN PEAKS conventions materialized early in the series and petered out after its cancellation.

BTW: I'm also a convention geek too. Especially STAR TREK cons.

Maybe we should just call you a geek. Big Grin

I'm with you on the TP; I still rank the first season as one of the best things
I've seen on tv, but it lost direction, while still being entertaining, during the last two seasons. I despised both the finale and Fire Walk With Me.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Marc   01-05-2005, 06:19 PM
Actually, the Twin Peaks Con still happens every year in Washington. Smile

And I'm getting very excited now that Paramount Home Video is apparently going to be releasing season 2 on DVD since Artisan never did. Hopefully the quality will be just as good!
jimbow8   01-05-2005, 06:21 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:Maybe we should just call you a geek. Big Grin

I'm with you on the TP; I still rank the first season as one of the best things
I've seen on tv, but it lost direction, while still being entertaining, during the last two seasons. I despised both the finale and Fire Walk With Me.
What really pisses me off is this: I bought the series on VHS and it doesn't include the 2-hour premiere in which they find Laura's body. I had to also buy the 2-hour premiere separately, but that alters the ending and tries to wrap it up at the end of 2 hours. I don't remember the actual finale to the series, but "Fire Walk With Me" was abysmal.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Marc   01-05-2005, 06:23 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:I'm with you on the TP; I still rank the first season as one of the best things I've seen on tv, but it lost direction, while still being entertaining, during the last two seasons. I despised both the finale and Fire Walk With Me.

The middle section of the series did lose some steam but I think that's because Lynch went off and did "Wild at Heart". When he came back though for the last couple episodes it started getting good again.

And I for one love the movie.
Marc   01-05-2005, 08:13 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:What really pisses me off is this: I bought the series on VHS and it doesn't include the 2-hour premiere in which they find Laura's body. I had to also buy the 2-hour premiere separately, but that alters the ending and tries to wrap it up at the end of 2 hours. I don't remember the actual finale to the series, but "Fire Walk With Me" was abysmal.

The two hour premiere you're talking about was the t.v. movie version which aired in Europe. If you want a copy of the original pilot episode I have it on DVD. It's an import from Hong Kong but it looks and sounds better than any other version I've seen. It's Region free and NTSC so any U.S. DVD player can play it.
jimbow8   01-05-2005, 10:10 PM
Marc B. Wrote:The two hour premiere you're talking about was the t.v. movie version which aired in Europe. If you want a copy of the original pilot episode I have it on DVD. It's an import from Hong Kong but it looks and sounds better than any other version I've seen. It's Region free and NTSC so any U.S. DVD player can play it.
Awesome. I will have to get that from you. Yet another reason to get together. Do you have the series, too?

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Marc   01-06-2005, 12:27 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:Awesome. I will have to get that from you. Yet another reason to get together. Do you have the series, too?

I've got the first season on DVD the second on VHS. Season two has yet to be released on DVD. Sad
Scott Hajek   01-06-2005, 12:13 PM
Speaking of LOST, for some reason I didn't watch the whole episode prior to last nights... which site is best for getting a more detailed recap?

Regarding Twin Peaks: I don't have the show on DVD, but have most, if not all of the books and the orignal issues of "Wrapped in Plastic." I also had cherry pie at the diner featured in the show. It was a real trip. I, too, could be considered a Twin Peaks geek, or at least at one time.

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
Medusa   01-06-2005, 03:14 PM
This is the only one I've ever seen.

http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/

But I believe all the episodes in December were re-runs. So if the one you saw before this focused on Claire (no spoilers!), then I don't think you missed anything.
Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6