Pages (3):    1 2 3
KRW   01-09-2005, 09:31 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Doubtless, but sometimes the statement you want to make is, "See you in Hell!"

Yeah, just the sight of a sawed off double barrel 10 gauge can have that very effect!

KRW
matthewsmommy   01-09-2005, 09:32 PM
troutster Wrote:Hi Everyone!

I just found this board and am glad I know about it now! After a search revealed nothing I figured I would make my first post.

I just received a copy of Gateways as a Christmas present. When I opened it I see what appears to be F. Paul Wilson's autograph on the the title page! Is this legit? Are there many out there?

The book was ordered from either BN.com or Amazon.com by the person who gave it to me.

Thanks for any information!

Scott
I bought signed copies of Gateways and Crisscross for my dad for Christmas on ebay. They came from a store called Mystery and Imagination in CA. On checking the appearances and conferences section, I found that FPW was in that store on the day the books were signed (one was dated). He loved them, BTW. Had them both read by 12-26.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   01-09-2005, 09:49 PM
KRW Wrote:Yeah, just the sight of a sawed off double barrel 10 gauge can have that very effect!

KRW
And that's just as it should be, KRW.
Biggles   01-10-2005, 01:36 AM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:I admire your high standards, Biggles, but wouldn't you agree that in some situations a riot gun is definitely the weapon of choice?

Not if innocents may be nearby. I don't consider collateral damage acceptable. That's why I lean toward high velocity hollowpoints or frangibles.

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
Bluesman Mike Lindner   01-10-2005, 12:01 PM
Biggles Wrote:Not if innocents may be nearby. I don't consider collateral damage acceptable. That's why I lean toward high velocity hollowpoints or frangibles.

No arguement, Biggles. No one wants to bring down innocents. That's why I said in =some= situations. Certainly not all.
Ken Valentine   01-11-2005, 12:29 AM
Biggles Wrote:Not if innocents may be nearby. I don't consider collateral damage acceptable. That's why I lean toward high velocity hollowpoints or frangibles.

Think of a shotgun as a pre-franged frangible. Unless you are using a shotgun with a rifled barrel, (slug-gun) even with a non-choked/cylinder-bore, the pattern doesn't open up as quickly as some people think. Especially if you are using something like 000-buck, which contains 9, .32-caliber balls. And, you don't have to worry about over-penetration, as you would with many HV hollow points.

Ken V.
Pages (3):    1 2 3