Pages (4):    1 2 3 4
Bluesman Mike Lindner   12-29-2004, 12:37 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:Speaking for myself, NONE. I'm an axe murderer by profession, guns are merely a hobby.

Ken V.

With you all the way on this issue, Ken. Guns are cool indeed, but impersonal. An axe provides...the personal touch...
Biggles   12-29-2004, 03:48 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:So, what's this going to become now? An I'm whackier than you are thread?!

I'll see your whackiness and raise you.

I also reload ammunition and cast my own bullets.

I reload and cast bullets for 9 different handgun cartridges, as well as 44 caliber balls for my Cap-and-Ball pistols.

I reload 7 rifle cartridges and cast bullets for all but two of them.

I also reload 12 gage shotgun shells and cast my own slugs for the slug rounds I shoot.

For those who are unaware of the significance of this, it costs more than $300 dollars for a thousand rounds of 45 acp, but I can cast and reload 1,000 rounds for about $38 dollars. Casting 1,000 bullets, lubing and sizing them takes about 3 hours. Reloading them into 1,000 rounds of ammunition takes another 3 hours. Which makes my labor worth about $50 dollars an hour. And I get very accurate ammunition.

Ken V.

Sorry, Ken, but I don't consider reloading at all whacky. It's those of us who don't take the time to reload, and therefore spend way more for ammo, who are the crazy ones.

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
Ken Valentine   12-30-2004, 01:54 AM
Biggles Wrote:Sorry, Ken, but I don't consider reloading at all whacky. It's those of us who don't take the time to reload, and therefore spend way more for ammo, who are the crazy ones.

That's a good point.

Hmmmm . . . what do you do with your brass? Big Grin

Ken - the brass hound - V.
Ken Valentine   12-30-2004, 01:58 AM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:With you all the way on this issue, Ken. Guns are cool indeed, but impersonal. An axe provides...the personal touch...

At close range, guns too are very "personal."

Ken V.
Ken Valentine   12-30-2004, 02:02 AM
Maggers Wrote:I should have stuck with my original post. I was going to use only the portion of your statement about being an ax murderer, because it was clear that was said tongue-in-cheek.

I know you're serious about your hobby.

I knew what you meant . . . which is why I played to the other side of the statement. Big Grin

Ken V.
Pages (4):    1 2 3 4