dr_em2001   12-24-2004, 04:25 AM
Out of the hundreds of books that I have read in my comparitively short life, I don't believe that I have ever read better foreshadowing than FPW's. I won't name any specifics in hope of not spoling it for anybody (or in the case of my current book im reading saying something that won't turn out to be true) but in The Select specifically and many of the RJ books, I think he does the best job I have seen in a long time of an "Oh my god, is that...but no...wait.....IT IS!" type of thing that leaves you waiting for the characters to figure it out and to reafirm your suspicions. That is my favorite thing about FPW's writing, right up there with his great job of moving a story along, even when switching points of view. Anyway, I just read something that gave me that aformentioned feeling, and I had to post something about it. (I am currently reading Select and havn't put it down hardly in days!)

Bravo FPW, you have managed to turn me into a giddy reading maniac once again.
KRW   12-26-2004, 01:14 AM
dr_em2001 Wrote:Out of the hundreds of books that I have read in my comparitively short life, I don't believe that I have ever read better foreshadowing than FPW's. I won't name any specifics in hope of not spoling it for anybody (or in the case of my current book im reading saying something that won't turn out to be true) but in The Select specifically and many of the RJ books, I think he does the best job I have seen in a long time of an "Oh my god, is that...but no...wait.....IT IS!" type of thing that leaves you waiting for the characters to figure it out and to reafirm your suspicions. That is my favorite thing about FPW's writing, right up there with his great job of moving a story along, even when switching points of view. Anyway, I just read something that gave me that aformentioned feeling, and I had to post something about it. (I am currently reading Select and havn't put it down hardly in days!)

Bravo FPW, you have managed to turn me into a giddy reading maniac once again.

Ditto!
Oh my, that just doesn't say it, does it! I should say "Hell Yeah"!
I just finished "Sims", and to say that book was great is an understatement! He can start you out with nothing, and within the first few pages has you hooked! As he reveals something important, you discover another hint at something bigger that's better than the secret you've just read! And this makes it nearly impossable for the mortal man to put the book down!

OK, maybe that say's it! Love the books and keep em coming!

KRW