Pages (2):    1 2
Kenji   12-19-2004, 06:54 AM
Today, finally I saw Man on Fire in theater(Japanese title is My Bodyguard).

This is great! I liked it. This is definitely this year's top 10. Denzel Washington, Dakota Fanning, Christopher Walken, those three brilliant actors and actress are perfect casting. Especially, Dakota Fanning is awesome. And, visual was stylish(flashback scenes).

By the way, Has anyone read Man on Fire by A.J. Quinnell? I didn't read the book, and I didn't know it had original version.
dr_em2001   12-21-2004, 04:34 AM
I thought Man on Fire was a true story? Book? Original? Well now I am all confused.
jamedog   12-22-2004, 07:05 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:I was extremely excited about Van Helsing until the barrage of horrible reviews that I have read.

Also, no one has been able to answer this question for me. This movie is being promoted as being about the "lengendary Van Helsing," however, Hugh Jackman's character in the movie is credited as Gabriel Van Helsing, not the Abraham Van Helsing of the Bram Stoker novel. What gives? Anyone?

They gave him the name Gabriel because it sound better, plus I thin they were hinting that he is the angel Gabriel sent to do God's work on Earth.
jamedog   12-22-2004, 07:06 PM
I was somewhat dissapointed, my main problem was the direction, which slowed down the story.
Pages (2):    1 2