horsecow   12-21-2004, 01:23 PM
anybody have any idea when this is going to paperback? i don't have a big house, and space is at a premium; i try to avoid buying hardcovers at all cost, as i'm more interested in reading the book than the collectibility.....
jimbow8   12-21-2004, 01:27 PM
horsecow Wrote:anybody have any idea when this is going to paperback? i don't have a big house, and space is at a premium; i try to avoid buying hardcovers at all cost, as i'm more interested in reading the book than the collectibility.....
Usually it is about 12-18 months to go from hardcover to paperback, it seems. If you NEED to read it, do what I did: go to the library. Or if you read fast enough, go to a bookstore and sit and read it there. I have a friend who is famous for this. Wink

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Marc   12-21-2004, 01:59 PM
The News section of this site has it listed as being published in March of 2005.
stacyzinda123   12-21-2004, 02:41 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:Or if you read fast enough, go to a bookstore and sit and read it there. I have a friend who is famous for this. Wink

Is that a form of stealing? Wink
jimbow8   12-21-2004, 03:00 PM
stacyzinda123 Wrote:Is that a form of stealing? Wink
The stores encourage it. Big Grin

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Scott Hajek   12-21-2004, 04:37 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:The stores encourage it. Big Grin
They also encourage buying a coffee to go with the book.

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]