flyboy707   12-16-2004, 08:34 PM
SPOILER ALERT (I THINK)

Hi, I need the forum's help. I was working on the Compendium today and have hit a "block". Before I tell you what it is, I want to tell you: I am no where near home (and won't be anytime soon) and have no access to any FPW books and am only working off my notes.

I was working on some loose-end notes for "Conspiracies" which led me to a few things for "All the Rage", which led me to my "block". I'll probably slap my head, turned read-faced and think "Of course" once I get the answer form you guys, but here goes........

What novel, short story, novella did the sideshow boss Prather (ie Oz) and his troupe first appear (other than "All the Rage")?

I know, I know........but it's driving me mad.....

PS--Once I get the answer, could one of the moderators please stick this under the collection point thread? Thanks
This post was last modified: 12-19-2004, 10:02 AM by flyboy707.

"There are two motives for reading a book: one, that you enjoy it; the other that you can boast about it."
flyboy707   12-16-2004, 08:38 PM
I forgot to mention, my brain is screaming either "The Barrens" or "Freak Show" but I have no way of researching until I get back to my home (after Christmas).

"There are two motives for reading a book: one, that you enjoy it; the other that you can boast about it."
ccosborne3   12-16-2004, 09:38 PM
It was Freak Show. Not just a guess, I checked.
APhew   12-17-2004, 12:25 PM
Yep, that's right. They first appeared in "Freak Show", then later in "All the Rage".

The reason "The Barrens" popped into your head is because in "Freak Show", that was their ultimate destination.
flyboy707   12-18-2004, 11:40 PM
APhew Wrote:Yep, that's right. They first appeared in "Freak Show", then later in "All the Rage".

The reason "The Barrens" popped into your head is because in "Freak Show", that was their ultimate destination.

(slapping my head in a "of course" gesture).... I knew it was one of those two. It's been a while since I have read either, so my head was a little fuzzy.

Hey KRW...great inputs, just got them....precisely the kind of info i am looking for.