the Oracle   12-09-2004, 06:35 PM
* Spoiler alert *

* Spoiler alert *

* Spoiler alert *

Who killed Olive and why??

Did I miss something near the end??

Here is what I got from the book:

She was lying naked belly-down on the bed with her head twisted to face up. Her back was covered with deep laceration, her lips were missing, and her eyes were gone!

Here is what I know:

1. It wasn't Molsar and his chimp, because they took the body for fear of someone finding it and hid it in their tub;
2. It wasn't RJ (dur);
3. It wasn't Mel, because she asks where Olive is at the end.

Possible assumption:
The twins did it while questioning her about Mel's whereabouts? This is at least what Paul wants us to think, because one was leaving the room (via window) when Jack went in. But, if this is so, why was the other twin on another floor? And, Olive had been missing for a day... Why return to the scene of the crime?? Weird??

Perhaps this is something explained in a later novel?? But, I am curious. Does anyone know the true answer to this question?

BTW - I have started All the Rage and I love it so far!

-Rip

Author of "Survivor" - http://www.vaughnripley.com

"Adventure is worthwile in itself."
—Amelia Earhart
jimbow8   12-09-2004, 06:39 PM
Read this thread:

http://www.repairmanjack.com/forum/showt...php?p=6560

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
ironfish   01-20-2009, 11:16 PM
Who killed Olive?
Wapitikev   01-21-2009, 01:12 AM
ironfish Wrote:Who killed Olive?
Hi Ironfish, you'll like it here.

Dr. Roma, in Olive's room, with the monkey.

-Wapitikev
This post was last modified: 01-21-2009, 01:26 AM by Wapitikev.

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout