Steve_M   01-08-2020, 12:47 AM
I just received and read the F Files today, particularly the section about certain copies of the limited edition of The Last Christmas having only 347 pages and no Afterword, as opposed to the 369 pages that the book was supposed to have, including the Afterword. I checked my copy of the limited edition that I bought from Gauntlet, and sure enough, it has 347 pages and no Afterword. I would sort of like to read the Afterword; maybe Gauntlet could provide it in electronic form to persons whose copies of the book omit it? I thought about simply buying the Kindle version, but according to Amazon's website, the Kindle version has 347 pages, whereas the (non-limited-edition) hardback and the paperback each have 370 pages, which at least suggests that the Kindle version lacks the Afterword (although it could possibly mean that the Kindle pagination is just different from the print versions, and the 347 pages is a coincidence).
I note that in the F Files FPW says that the copies missing the Afterward may be "a rare variant". I wonder if this means it will be as valuable as some currency with missing features?Wink
fpw   01-08-2020, 01:44 PM
Contact Gauntlet Press and Barry will replace your copy. It appears that the copies WITH the Afterword are the variant since the majority seem to be lacking it.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Steve_M   02-15-2020, 05:01 PM
fpw Wrote:Contact Gauntlet Press and Barry will replace your copy.
I did contact Gauntlet shortly after FPW posted his reply above, and today I received a chapbook containing the afterword.
fpw   02-16-2020, 03:56 PM
I got mine too.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
t4terrific   07-09-2020, 11:50 PM
I finally got around to calling Barry today. He said the numbered editions didn’t have the afterword, the lettered editions did.

He said he’d send me a chapbook for $4. Sold.