NewYorkjoe   01-18-2018, 01:07 PM
I received my DNA results via email the other day, after waiting nearly two months (they are seriously backed up).

I was curious since I've never met my actual, biological father.

Results:

Great Britain: 33%
Ireland/Scotland/Wales: 25%
Scandinavia: 22%
Europe East: 13%
European Jewish: 3%

No German or Cherokee at all! Also, they tell me I have a first cousin who also had his DNA tested.

All this info from a small vial of spit!

NYj

Then out spoke brave Horatius, the Captain of the Gate: "To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late; And how can man die better than facing fearful odds, For the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods,"
"Well, John Henry said to the Cap'n, "A man ain't nuthin' but a man. But, before I let that steam drill beat me, gonna die with my hammer in my hand, Lawd, Lawd, gonna die with my hammer in my hand."
zoeya   01-19-2018, 10:56 AM
That is really very interesting. So one parent from the UK. Scandinavia and East Europe seem close to each other so there must be lots of mixtures like that.
NewYorkjoe   01-19-2018, 03:34 PM
The Vikings from Scandinavia spread their genes from Norway, Sweden, Denmark , and Finland to Britain, Ireland, France (Normandy), Iceland, Greenland, the Faroes, and even to Russia. You could say they got around!

Then out spoke brave Horatius, the Captain of the Gate: "To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late; And how can man die better than facing fearful odds, For the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods,"
"Well, John Henry said to the Cap'n, "A man ain't nuthin' but a man. But, before I let that steam drill beat me, gonna die with my hammer in my hand, Lawd, Lawd, gonna die with my hammer in my hand."
fpw   01-20-2018, 10:04 AM
I wound up
69% Ireland/Scotland/Wales (no surprise)
15% Iberian (I'm betting some shipwrecked survivor from the Armada)
4% Scandinavian (a lot of them settled in Orkney and Shetland in the Olden Days)

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.