Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6   
Bluesman Mike Lindner   12-20-2004, 01:11 PM
Biggles Wrote:I don't remember Romper Stompers. Must have been after my time. I was born in '55 Jim. What about you? (If you dare!).

I loved Romper Room. Remember the theme song of the great cartoon they showed?: "Pow-wow the Indian boy/Loved all the animals in the woods/Pow-wow the Indian boy/ Would help all the animals if he could/If he could not help them/He would go to the medicine man/And he would tell him stories/Of how it all began." Ah, where's the like today?
Maggers   12-20-2004, 02:14 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:I loved Romper Room. Remember the theme song of the great cartoon they showed?: "Pow-wow the Indian boy/Loved all the animals in the woods/Pow-wow the Indian boy/ Would help all the animals if he could/If he could not help them/He would go to the medicine man/And he would tell him stories/Of how it all began." Ah, where's the like today?

Wow, Mike, did that take me back!!!! I can hear the tom-toms even as I type this. Smile

How about Princess Summer Fall Winter Spring from Howdy Doody? Did you ever get to be a member of the Peanut Gallery? I was too little, but I got to see my brother's on TV!

Buffalo Bob asked the question: "Who knows what Gypsies are?"

My oldest brother raised his hand and answered enthusiastically: "They're people who steal things!"

They cut to commercial right quick.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Shocklines.com   12-20-2004, 03:33 PM
Well, it wasn't easy, but I shipped out every United States order for Little Beige Book that we had an order for (except for a few paying by check or paypal that haven't paid yet, and a couple where I emailed the customers about something before I can ship it out).

Hopefully, all of you who ordered through Shocklines.com will have your copies very soon.

Those outside of the U.S., your copies ship out next Monday (sorry for the delay, but because of the customs forms, I need to go in person to the post office and do each one separately).

Thanks again for all of your support of this great book, which is one of our top-selling books of the year, thanks to you!
stacyzinda123   12-20-2004, 04:39 PM
Shocklines.com Wrote:Well, it wasn't easy, but I shipped out every United States order for Little Beige Book that we had an order for

Yeah!! Big Grin I should have mine by Thursday then. I'm leaving for my parents for Christmas Thursday evening so I can wrap my mom's copy quick before we leave! Thank you to Matt for busting your butt to get them in the mail today and to FPW for inscribing a zillion books so fast!
Paul R   12-20-2004, 09:57 PM
Shocklines.com Wrote:Those outside of the U.S., your copies ship out next Monday (sorry for the delay, but because of the customs forms, I need to go in person to the post office and do each one separately).

A whole week later! Aaaarrrgghhh!
Still, They say Christmas only comes once a year, but this proves that They are wrong. It will be like Christmas all over again when my Little Beige Book arrives!
the Oracle   12-21-2004, 06:08 PM
fpw Wrote:(snip)
unless there's another Maggers out there
(snip)
God help us if there is!!!

(; J/K

Happy Holidays!

(:

Author of "Survivor" - http://www.vaughnripley.com

"Adventure is worthwile in itself."
—Amelia Earhart
Maggers   12-21-2004, 06:14 PM
fpw Wrote:You'd never get an inscribed copy from Borderlands. Only from Shocklines. And unless there's another Maggers out there, I know I signed one to you.

Yes you did, Boss! Matt at Shocklines confirmed that I did order a copy and that you did inscribe it and it will be shipped shortly!

HUZZAH! Now I have 2 signed "Little Beiges!"

Guess I logged on at Borderlands and ordered. Then, with all the excitement this board can generate, I got carried away and logged on to Shocklines and ordered there, too.

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Maggers   12-21-2004, 06:15 PM
the Oracle Wrote:God help us if there is!!!

(; J/K

Happy Holidays!

(:

I am unique!

(*exits with skirt flouncing jauntily*)

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

jimbow8   12-21-2004, 06:16 PM
Maggers Wrote:Yes you did, Boss! Matt at Shocklines confirmed that I did order a copy and that you did inscribe it and it will be shipped shortly!

HUZZAH! Now I have 2 signed "Little Beiges!"

Guess I logged on at Borderlands and ordered. Then, with all the excitement this board can generate, I got carried away and logged on to Shocklines and ordered there, too.
I might be willing to buy one of your copies at GU-4 if you don't want two. How much were they?

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Maggers   12-21-2004, 06:18 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:I might be willing to buy one of your copies at GU-4 if you don't want two. How much were they?

Hmm...to be negotiated... (If I had a mustache, I'd be twisting it and grinning.)

But "Maggers" is mine, though, all mine! Never to be shared! Never, I tell you!.

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6