Pages (2): 1 2   
Sigokat   02-25-2013, 08:49 AM
Anyone have any predictions now that Spring Training has started?

I know I'm not going to have to worry about getting World Series tickets to see my Cubs this year...Sad

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
Fenian1916   02-25-2013, 10:03 AM
The Mets, who I love dearly, will be terrible but could be much better next year. The Dodgers spent a lot of money but at least it was well spent so I think they have a chance to be really good. It's a good possibility it could be the Dodgers and the Angels in the end. You never know what will happen and that's what is cool about it.

[SIZE=2]"There are many things more horrible than bloodshed; and slavery is one of them."
Padraig Pearse[/SIZE]
Sigokat   02-25-2013, 10:16 AM
True and as much as I love watching ball, things don't get real interesting till the All-Star break.

And the last thing I want to see is a West Coast domination, but like you said its a good possibility.

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
Fenian1916   02-25-2013, 10:52 AM
I don't like it either but it's setup that way. As long as the Yankees have a terrible season things will be ok.

[SIZE=2]"There are many things more horrible than bloodshed; and slavery is one of them."
Padraig Pearse[/SIZE]
Sigokat   02-25-2013, 11:16 AM
Agreed. Actually I need to give you rep on that one lol

Major K

Sigokat   02-26-2013, 12:42 AM
I'm looking forward to the Royals as well. I think they have some potential and if they can stay healthy they can possibly be very good. Maybe not a playoff contender, but they can't start to improve over their last few years of dismal losses and injuries.

I saw them play the Os at Camden Yards last year and they were good to watch. Took the series 2 of 3. Frenchy is always fun to watch and a guy that can throw out a runner at third (that tagged up from second) from deep right has some power!

Major K

Dave F   02-26-2013, 06:30 PM
Hoping to finally take a game in in April - I am flying back to UK from Mexico - via Atlanta or New York. Yankees are home to Bluejays if we go NY route - so thinking of a night in New York

Like to see White Sox - but beggars can't be choosers!

The artist formally known as Britfan
Brian   02-26-2013, 08:31 PM
I'd like to see Boston do well this year, but that's not going to happen. LOL

There is no wise man without fault
The Mad American   02-27-2013, 01:10 PM
Brian Wrote:I'd like to see Boston do well this year, but that's not going to happen. LOL

I can guarantee it will be a better season than last year. I am just happy that POS Bobby "The Idiot Ego" Valentine is dead. I think this team can win 90 games if they stay healthy. And the division is wide open this year so who knows?

I think on paper it definitely looks like what Fenian predicted, Dodgers/Angels. But that doesn't usually work out over the long season. I think the Indians could surprise some people if they can get consistent pitching. Toronto could be another surprise team, again dependent on the pitching they get.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

The Mad American   02-27-2013, 01:12 PM
Britfan Wrote:Hoping to finally take a game in in April - I am flying back to UK from Mexico - via Atlanta or New York. Yankees are home to Bluejays if we go NY route - so thinking of a night in New York

Like to see White Sox - but beggars can't be choosers!

Too bad you won't get to see a real game. Big Grin Although the Jays could be fun to watch.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

Pages (2): 1 2