Sigokat   02-19-2013, 01:47 AM
As I stated in the previous thread, this program does exist. Now I signed up and got my first cup of joe from Green Beans. All you get is a regular cup of coffee, if you want anything special you have to pay for it.

I know at some of the other bases here in Afghanistan this may be a good program for joes that cannot get to the mess hall or do not have a 24 hour mess hall like we have where I am, but I think I'm going to unsubscribe. It is closer for me to walk to the mess hall than it is to Green Beans and I can get the same thing for free at the mess hall.

I'll unsubscribe so maybe another joe that doesn't have the same facilities as we have (or those facilities within walking distance...everything here where I am is within walking distance) can enjoy this program.

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
rjack_fan   02-19-2013, 01:56 AM
That's very considerate of you, I'm sure on some bases it's a nice convenience, or diversion, for people. I thought you could also apply the value to a more expensive drink or am I confusing this with something else? Either way, I'm due to send some cups.

Thanks for checking he program out, always nice to hear from a reliable source your money is going where you think it is!
Sigokat   02-19-2013, 02:52 AM
I don't know if you can combine multiple cups assigned to you or not. I just know that when you turn in your number for your cup of joe all you get is regular coffee. I asked if I could get an espresso and was told I had to pay for anything more than the regular cup.

It is a nice program, but like I said its more convienent for me to go to the mess hall and get the same thing, then it is to go to Green Beans. it might be different for guys stationed at the larger bases where things are more spread out and not within walking distance.

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck