Scott Miller   09-10-2006, 12:05 PM
Both my kids and I enjoyed My Beautiful Girl, Mari. It is filled with beautiful imagery and sense of wonder while providing food for thought. Not quite on Miyazaki's level, but definitely worth a look if you want something different from your typical family fare.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
sharonz   08-28-2012, 12:05 AM
Scott Miller, I am also crazy about the anime!!
Scott Miller   08-28-2012, 12:51 PM
sharonz Wrote:Scott Miller, I am also crazy about the anime!!

Well sharonz I'd love to hear what you like; I've been going through a bit of a dry patch as far as anime is concerned. I did just ball my eyes out with Grave of the Fireflies, but I'd seen it before and I was underwhelmed with The Secret Life of Arietty. Besides those two I can't think of anything I've watched in the past few months.

Scott

Dave618   08-29-2012, 01:29 AM
I am just getting into Anime and Manga at age 39. I used to skip over these books in bookstores, assuming they were kiddie comics. Then a friend pointed me to some crime Manga and I was like Whoa!

If a lot of Manga and Anime is as good as the ones I've been sampling, I may have a new addiction!Cool
Scott Miller   08-29-2012, 02:05 PM
Dave618 Wrote:I am just getting into Anime and Manga at age 39. I used to skip over these books in bookstores, assuming they were kiddie comics. Then a friend pointed me to some crime Manga and I was like Whoa!

If a lot of Manga and Anime is as good as the ones I've been sampling, I may have a new addiction!Cool

I came late to the party as well; I've probably only been watching for about 10 years or so and I am a much bigger fan of films as opposed to the TV series. This might be because most of the anime series I see are made for the juvenile crowd. I know there are adult-oriented series but they are not readily accessible to me. I don't really read Manga, the few I've read have been Americanized so I can read them left-to-right, front-to-back instead of their intended format. I can't seem to train myself in that regard. For a really fun read give Manggaman by Barry Lyga a try.

Scott