LolaRennt   08-13-2012, 11:57 AM
This movie is not for everyone. It's also not likely to be a wide release, because it has an NC-17 rating. A young guy owes $6K to some bad guys, so he comes up with a plan to hire a contract killer to take out his mother. The guy has heard that his mother has a life insurance policy that will pay $50K. The killer wants payment up front and is about to walk away from the deal, when the killer decides that he'll take the guy's sister (who is a little nutty) as a "retainer".

It's pretty much a "get money quick" plan that falls apart. I spent part of the movie shaking my head at the trailer trash stupidity of the people involved. The end of the movie, which is probably what earned it the NC-17 rating, makes insane use of a chicken leg.

Matthew McConaughey plays the contract killer. Thomas Hayden Church, who seems to have made a career out of dimwits, is the dimwitted father of the young guy. Gina Gershon is the trashy stepmother (seriously - who answers the door pantsless when she doesn't know who is outside?).

The story isn't all that original but it's still entertaining to those who like dark and weird humor. It's not a laugh a minute but I still enjoyed the movie.

Why do I always do this to myself???
fpw   08-13-2012, 12:59 PM
I put it in the queue

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Alvin Fox   08-13-2012, 02:13 PM
I [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZ8GJKq7ov_WfKS34u3hZ...ZcCjX6c1gQ] my local independent theater.

Killer Joe (NC-17)
Matthew McConaughey, Emile Hirsch
103 minutes
12:30, (3:00), (5:30), (8:00), 10:30
( ) = "AGE 21+ ONLY" SCREENING: Enjoy a glass of wine or beer from your luxury high-back seat.