Pages (2): 1 2   
Kenji   06-22-2012, 11:09 AM
Finally! Tomorrow I'm going to see The Amazing spider-Man!

Haha! :bounce:
This post was last modified: 06-23-2012, 07:55 AM by Kenji.
Tony H   06-22-2012, 12:31 PM
YOu are getting it before us. The good old USA doesn't get the film until July 3. Be sure to tell me if it is any good, but keep it spoiler-free. I am really looking forward to this, I think it looks better than the Raimi films. Blasphemy, I know, but it's how I feel.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
Kenji   06-22-2012, 07:13 PM
Tony H Wrote:YOu are getting it before us. The good old USA doesn't get the film until July 3. Be sure to tell me if it is any good, but keep it spoiler-free. I am really looking forward to this, I think it looks better than the Raimi films. Blasphemy, I know, but it's how I feel.

Don't worry, I'm not a spoiler guy. Now, I have to go!
Kenji   06-23-2012, 08:21 AM
No Spoilers

Today I saw The Amazing spider-Man, and.....you know what?

This is so.... F**KIN' AMAZINGLY AMAZING!!!

I don't spoilers, so don't worry. But I have to say one thing. You shoud see this by IMAX 3-D. It was brilliant.

I liked Sam Raimi's Spider-Man, but this "The Amazing......" was....well, we shouldn't compare them. The Amazing Spider-Man is NOT remake.

I highly recommend this one!
Scott Miller   06-23-2012, 11:51 AM
Kenji used the F-Bomb; that's good enough for me.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Tony H   07-05-2012, 10:30 AM
I finally got to see this on my day off yesterday. Kenji does not lie when he says it is F**KING AMAZINGLY AMAZING! It is not the same caliber as amazing as the geekfest known as The Avengers, it is not nearly as busy but the action is awesome, the special effects are brilliantly done, and this feels like a Spider-Man movie complete with great actors who can carry a scene.

Unlike the Raimi trilogy, Amazing feels less kitschy and focuses on human drama while tossing in a mysterious back story about Peter's parents.

There are a lot of questions raised that never get answered, perhaps in later installments, and there is a lot of character development in the first hour, but by the time the Lizard's nefarious plan is revealed it turns into an all out action flick with all the stops pulled out. So much action in fact that you don't even care that all character development ceases and that Parker just happens to know what to do with his new powers.

If you are opposed to seeing 3D films, you must cast aside your disdain for the format and see Spider-Man in 3D. It is a native 3D film which means it was staged and filmed for the format and each scene is filled with depth, it is a visually beautiful film, especially the scenes of New York at night as Spider-Man swings through the cityscape.

The best part of the movie for me though was the poor decision to air a full IMAX 3D preview of the new Resident Evil film and in the process scaring the fuck out of an auditorium full of young kids.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
LolaRennt   07-05-2012, 11:05 AM
ROFL...did the parents have to leave with the young kids? I'm not a fan of seeing super young kids at movies, mainly because the parents tend to be incredibly inconsiderate. Two year old starts acting up? Take the damn kid to the lobby!

Anyway, I saw this yesterday. It was fun to see and I'm glad that we got to see it in 3D. I liked that it didn't seem to drag on in the love story area. I got somewhat impatient with the other movies for that.

Why do I always do this to myself???
Tony H   07-05-2012, 11:12 AM
LolaRennt Wrote:ROFL...did the parents have to leave with the young kids? I'm not a fan of seeing super young kids at movies, mainly because the parents tend to be incredibly inconsiderate. Two year old starts acting up? Take the damn kid to the lobby!

Anyway, I saw this yesterday. It was fun to see and I'm glad that we got to see it in 3D. I liked that it didn't seem to drag on in the love story area. I got somewhat impatient with the other movies for that.

There were a lot of parents taking their terrified children out of the auditorium into the lobby. I laughed for a good twenty minutes at that.

Certified 100% Serious
LolaRennt   07-05-2012, 05:41 PM
I've always wondered who decides which movies show up in the previews. Is it the studio or the theater? When we saw Spider Man, most of the previews were for kids movies. I think there was one for Lawless. There was no Resident Evil preview.

Why do I always do this to myself???
Dave   07-06-2012, 07:43 PM
Saw this today after an aborted attempt on Tuesday (£16 VIP seats with a BABY sat next to me? No thank you, walked out, got money back before seeing any of the film). Anyhow, today's baby-free screening was great. This is definitely the Spider-man I wanted to see. I enjoyed the Raimi versions, but remember saying there was nothing original in the first film, it was the comic.

This one played a bit with the formula and treated the characters much better, I would even dare to say I enjoyed the non-Spider-man bits best. Some great ideas in there, but he did have a tendency to take his mask off too much.
Pages (2): 1 2