Kenji   06-18-2012, 09:00 AM
Nicolas Cage is back!

Yesterday I saw his movie, "Seeking Justice". Well, recent his movies....like "Drive Angry", "Season of the Witch", "Bangkok Dangerous" were terrible. But this "Seeking Justice" is an excellent thriller with a lot of actions. Japanese title is "Hungry Rabbit".

The main characters are the English teacher of the high school, Will Gerard and his wife, the musician Laura. One night, Laura is assaulted and beat up by a rapist. Will stays in the hospital. Then a stranger named Simon tells that he belongs to an organization of vigilantes, and he offers to eliminate the rapist. In return, they would want a favor from Will in near future. Will should refuse it, but he accepts the agreement. Then, he got big problem...

Director is Roger Donaldson, he did good work in "No Way Out" with Kevin Costner vs. Gene Hackman. In "Seeking Justice", Nic Cage vs. Guy Pearce. Especially the Last sequences had high tension.

Check it with DVD. I recommend this to thriller film fan.
Dave618   06-18-2012, 09:10 AM
I'll probably check it out when it comes to cable. Nicholas Cage has been appearing in way too many duds lately. Earlier in his career I considered him an eccentric and versatile actor. Now it just seems he'll act in anything as long as the paycheck has the right amount of zeroes. I know he has money troubles but there has to be other ways to raise cash for the IRS--like starring in commercials or selling one of his estates. It's gotten so bad he's even being parodied for his lack of descretion in choosing film roles on SNL.