Pages (3):    1 2 3   
Peter Lis   06-23-2012, 04:02 AM
I think the short series 52 minutes each part would be not fit. More successfully variant could be three full-length movie like "Lord of Rings". And FPW should be at least co-writer of scenario.
idrive   06-23-2012, 01:10 PM
I'm with the cable route. I mean, I think each book deserves more than 2 hours to tell their stories. The only problem with this is, of course that they'd have to replace all of the actors at some point or film all 20 books (just AC and RJ) all at once and release each installment or season with 3 month breaks regardless of what regular TV season it is.

Or do a running Webseries shot in 20 minute increments. It could be done and be awesome. Look at what Whedon did with Dr. Horrible. Collectively, it's only 45 minutes or so, but it's a complete story told in 3 parts. Imagine RJ being told in 20 minute episodes that are released weekly without having to adhere to TV rules about seasons and stuff. Just plug through a book, then take a month or 2 off before starting the next story.
Peter Lis   06-25-2012, 10:32 AM
I don't know, may be you're right. But it will be such an enormous work I can't imagine because of volume. I was a director on the local TV studio and I know what I say...
idrive   06-27-2012, 01:25 PM
Yeah, the sheer volume is why I suggested a webseries. There's no way a network could handle it.
GuyOnEarth   08-01-2012, 12:37 PM
A Repairman Jack movie could be great, or it could be awful. No one was waiting for the sequel to "Remo Williams:The Adventure Begins"...and it could easily end up like that with the wrong approach. This genre has been worked pretty hard and needs a unique and understanding approach.
t4terrific   08-01-2012, 01:31 PM
When Jack Reacher...Tom Cruise... gets his plate cleared, perhaps he'll get around to Repairman Jack.
Dave618   08-01-2012, 03:54 PM
Well, if Cruise is unavailable maybe Andy Dick or Ru Paul could snatch up the part. I'd be about as thrilled hearing they are playing RJ as Cruise!
GuyOnEarth   08-01-2012, 07:24 PM
That would be a disaster. I'd rather see them give it to John Cena than Tom Cruise.
cobalt   08-03-2012, 02:22 PM
t4terrific Wrote:When Jack Reacher...Tom Cruise... gets his plate cleared, perhaps he'll get around to Repairman Jack.

I know you're kidding but...just ohhhhh....ick!

EWMAN
wdg3rd   08-03-2012, 08:41 PM
GuyOnEarth Wrote:A Repairman Jack movie could be great, or it could be awful. No one was waiting for the sequel to "Remo Williams:The Adventure Begins"...and it could easily end up like that with the wrong approach. This genre has been worked pretty hard and needs a unique and understanding approach.

Ghod, don't remind me of that atrocity. I was a fan of "The Destroyer" from 1972 on. (I think there eight books out when I started). That movie turned everything upside down. Somewhere in this house are a ton of pictures Lisa took during the filming at Bedlow Island -- she was the on-site nurse for much of the reconstruction of Lady Liberty -- with autographs by just every member of cast and crew involved with those scenes. (Now over two months since I lost her, it's taking me forever to go through her effects, what to toss, what to keep).

Ward Griffiths

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest". -- Denis Diderot
Pages (3):    1 2 3