Pages (3):    1 2 3   
jmez87   05-15-2012, 04:21 PM
Dave Wrote:I caught this last Thursday, and I don't want to get everybody's hopes up, but it ticked all my boxes and was everything I hoped. Big Grin

So much so that I saw it again yesterday. Still good. And I hope Whedon gets the credit he is due for pulling this together. It could have gone so horribly wrong, but he was the right choice for the job and he didn't drop the ball.

Go see it!

The hulk was the best part of the movie Hands Down.

C.Jimenez
Tony H   05-15-2012, 05:01 PM
jmez87 Wrote:The hulk was the best part of the movie Hands Down.

Everyone says this and I agree whole-heartedly. It makes me wonder if they can do a Hulk movie justice now. Or, did this Hulk kick so much ass because he didn't have to carry the burden of a self-titled film and was allowed to do what he does best without having to deal with his own plot?

That scene with Thor cracked me up. I still laugh when I think about it.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
LolaRennt   05-15-2012, 06:43 PM
I still laugh about the scene with Loki, who certainly had it coming.

I don't know if they could come up with a good Hulk movie - I liked how Ruffalo played Banner as well. Maybe if it was Hulk and another hero? I don't know...

Why do I always do this to myself???
Tony H   05-15-2012, 06:58 PM
LolaRennt Wrote:I still laugh about the scene with Loki, who certainly had it coming.

I don't know if they could come up with a good Hulk movie - I liked how Ruffalo played Banner as well. Maybe if it was Hulk and another hero? I don't know...

The Loki scene was great as well. Those two moments summed up the Hulks awesomeness as well as his unstable nature. I am cracking up thinking about both scenes now.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
Tony H   05-15-2012, 07:01 PM
I just read that ABC television is looking to develop a new Incredible Hulk TV series, with Guillermo Del Torro at the helm. It was supposed to have been developed and ready for 2012-13 television season but it was delayed. They are now shooting for a 2013-14 season if all goes well.

No casting has been done and I am not sure how it will turn out. I imagine it will be expensive to make and end up getting axed after 1 season.

Certified 100% Serious
Alvin Fox   05-16-2012, 05:56 AM
First, read this article about the dynamic relationship between Tony Stark and Bruce Banner.

Now, I just hope that with that relationship, the Hulk being great in small doses (or when he doesn't have to carry the movie himself), and Banner leaving with Stark at the end to go play in Stark's R&D labs, I hope that whoever is coming up with the story for Iron Man 3 will include Banner/Hulk.
johntfs   05-16-2012, 07:52 PM
Okay, I pretty much liked the movie. It had a good beginning and an awesome third act. Two points bugged me about it. First, Loki was kind of a weak villain. Ultimately, he comes off as a jealous, spiteful child having a temper tantrum, Secondly, the move stops for about twenty minutes during act two. I mean, it was kind of bizarre. You had a decent first act with the presentation of the threat and the gathering of (most) of the team. You then had the near-obligatory hero fight that reintroduces Thor, And then the movie just kind of loses power and rolls forward only under the personalities of the people there, and by people there I pretty much mean Robert Downey Jr. and Sam Jackson. And then, very much like the absurdly design-flawed SHIELD headquarters, the movie sputters back into life and kicks into top gear through to the end.

"The most dangerous man, to any government, is the man who is able to think things out for himself. Almost inevitably, he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane and intolerable." - H. L. Mencken
Medusa   05-17-2012, 12:33 AM
Finally saw Thor! Now I can go see Avengers. Thor was great.

Veronica
http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x41/Medusa-Warthog/
The Snake Lady from Texas!
JSWolf   05-24-2012, 11:02 PM
That was one terrible movie preview.
Pages (3):    1 2 3