Crimson King   04-24-2012, 09:11 PM
I couldn't find this in the search, so sorry if this is a repost, but how old would Jack be?

I ask because I think with the revisions there is a huge discrepancy.

With the original books, Reprisal would have happened, roughly in 1992, and since Jack was born in 1968 with Rasalom that would make them both in their 20s. I think this is reflected in Reprisal with Rasalom being a graduate student. Now, if we consider that Reprisal ends after Ground Zero, that would make Reprisal taking place well after 9/11. Jack would be in his mid-to-late thirties then.

I am just trying to get clarification for my mental pictures.

Also, has FPW ever mentioned future books/stories on the First Age? I really want to know more about Rasalom's genesis.
Dave   04-25-2012, 10:44 AM
Crimson King Wrote:With the original books
You just answered your own question. Jack being born in 1968 is not based on the original books, The Tomb was originally set in the mid-80s and Jack was in his thirties by then.

The modern revision of Reprisal moves the story to the 'Jack being born in 1968' version of events, so sets it a few months/years before Nightworld.

See this for the current timeline: http://www.repairmanjack.com/forum/content.php?157
Bluesman Mike Lindner   04-26-2012, 05:40 PM
Funny you should ask, Crimson King.

I had a beer or three with Jack at Julio's the other night, and asked, "Jack, how old are you? Really."

And he smiled, and motioned for Julio to bring us another round, and said, "Old enough to know, Blues. But not old enough to know better."
Dave618   04-26-2012, 11:49 PM
Good one, Bluesman. I feel the same way as Jack.
Crimson King   04-27-2012, 01:08 AM
Dave Wrote:You just answered your own question. Jack being born in 1968 is not based on the original books, The Tomb was originally set in the mid-80s and Jack was in his thirties by then.

The modern revision of Reprisal moves the story to the 'Jack being born in 1968' version of events, so sets it a few months/years before Nightworld.

See this for the current timeline: http://www.repairmanjack.com/forum/content.php?157

That fits. I read The Tomb and The Keep before the revisions, then I just kept going.

Excellent. All my mental pictures now line up.