Kenji   03-18-2012, 02:30 AM
I saw "In Bruges" on cable channel. Has anyone seen this?

Young hitman killed preacher in London, but he did failure. He also wrongfully shot a little boy. He and his buddy wait until things cool down, so they hide in Bruges. But their boss ordered to kill his buddy.

Colin Farrell played young hitman, Brendan Gleeson as his buddy, and Ralph Fiennes as their boss, Harry.

I thought it's action comedy until I saw. But, no it wasn't. Some dialogues were funny and humorous, but a lot of pathetic mood was in whole movie.
Colin Farrell and Brendan Gleason showed excellent acting with mixture of black humour and graphic bloodshed. Plus, Ralph Fiennes's coolest character, Harry was brilliant more than that Man in Harry Potter movies.

If you like Collateral, Leon, Miller's Crossing, I highly recommend this.

And...after I saw this film, I wanted to go to Bruges. It looked nice town for me.

Dave   03-19-2012, 01:48 PM
I agree. Saw this a few years ago and it lived up to expectations. Even though it didn't get a wide release I kept hearing good things about it, it didn't disappoint.
The Mad American   03-19-2012, 11:56 PM
Yeah, I really liked this movie as well. Saw it a while ago and enjoyed it very much.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

DannyC   03-21-2012, 01:33 AM
Made me want to vacation there.
fpw   03-30-2012, 09:47 AM
I saw this last night and was laughing out loud at the dialogue. FF=0

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Kenji   03-30-2012, 10:38 AM
fpw Wrote:I saw this last night and was laughing out loud at the dialogue. FF=0

Yes, indeed. Especially when Yuri says about "alcoves" I was laughing out loud.

"There are a lot of alcoves in the Astridpark. You use this word, alcoves?"

"There are not many people around in these alcoves at Christmas time. If I were to murder a man I would murder him here. Are you sure this is the right word, alcoves?"