cobalt   03-05-2012, 11:14 AM
We saw this movie over the w/e. Anyone else?

Despite only getting 2 stars from some critics....I thought it was well done and it certainly did make me cry in a few spots.

EWMAN
Sigokat   03-05-2012, 11:53 AM
I have reservations about this movie. I really don't want to watch one long SEALS recruiting video. And despite it having real operators and real military equipment and support personnel I don't know if I would be able to get past the bad acting.

The Week magazine only gave it one star and they are fairly spot-on with their ratings. It might be good for non-military personnel or military types that want to see Hooah-shit, but for me...I'll wait for DVD.

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
Medusa   03-05-2012, 03:27 PM
I agree with cobalt on this. I was definitely crying too. The acting isn't good but knowing that they are real Seals instead of stand-in actors made me not really think about that. I enjoyed it though. I don't usually believe the critics anyway.

Veronica
http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x41/Medusa-Warthog/
The Snake Lady from Texas!
PicardRex   03-05-2012, 05:16 PM
Aside from looking like a propaganda piece, this looks like any other action flick, so not that you are asking me in particular, but I'll pass.