bill1971   03-04-2012, 03:03 AM
Watching a lot of the show recently, thinking he would be a good Jack. I think as an actor he could pull it off. Yes, sorry I know there are already tons of blank should play Jack posts.
lexator222   03-13-2012, 01:03 PM
NO! I have seen him around in alot of things, and he always seems to play some creepy part. Add to that, he just looks creepy, not someone who could blend into a crowd and be invisible. That's Jacks talent, nobody notices him!

Lex

JACK fan
bill1971   03-13-2012, 04:54 PM
I disagree, but at least I got one response. Smile. I love the show and character, so I don't viee him as creepy.
Dresh   03-14-2012, 12:03 PM
The only two movies I've ever seen him in is Hitch and Changling. And in both of those he plays a creepy jerk. But I love the show Burn Notice and I think he could probably act the part, he just doesn't look like jack. Not to me anyway. Smile
Tony H   03-14-2012, 01:20 PM
bill1971 Wrote:I disagree, but at least I got one response. Smile. I love the show and character, so I don't viee him as creepy.

I am sure the lack of responses was not due to your choice, although Lex seemed VERY adamant against it, but due more to the fact that most of the folks here have tired of the "Who should play Jack" threads, and/or, they just don't see a screen version of Repairman Jack happening at all.

On the plus side, you got more responses...it just took a week!

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
bill1971   03-14-2012, 09:04 PM
Yeah, I thought there was too many, who would be good to play Jack threads, but I couldn't resist.
lexator222   03-15-2012, 11:37 AM
Sorry, Bill, if I came across as being nasty. I just cannot shake his part in "The Changling". He was such a creep in that movie, and I still see that every time he plays another part. Kind of like that poor actress who played the woman who shot "Selena" in the movie. Every time I see her in another role, I see that other person, cannot shake it.
But getting back to Jeffrey, he really has a dynamic face, and it stands out far too much to be Jack. If anything, F. Paul really wanted Jack to disappear in a crowd, just a plain normal guy.
Reminds me of something that Ian Flemming said when he commented about where he got the idea for "James Bond". Everyone thought that Ian himself was the inspiration for Bond, but Flemming corrected this by stating that Bond was actually THREE different people! The best spy that Flemming had ever known, was a short, fat, balding middle aged man, who could walk right into eastern Russia, during the 50's and take out secret information with no body the wiser! Everyone knew him as a normal, nice guy, and would be the last person you would suspect to be a spy. The guy retired in England in the early 60's with a success unequaled in British intelligence!

Amazing.

This is what I would think that Jack would be like, someone that was unassuming looking, just a plain looking nice guy. Too small to be a threat, too skinny looking to be strong, just average.

Just my 2 cents.

Lex
This post was last modified: 03-15-2012, 11:41 AM by lexator222.

JACK fan
bill1971   03-16-2012, 04:54 PM
No harm done Lex. Smile I think we all have our own image of Jack, and no matter who is chosen, there will be a bit of dissapointment.