Scott Miller   02-27-2012, 02:30 PM
My son and I got some good scares out this little low-budget winner. It is yet another 'found film' movie but you shouldn't let that deter you. It is the story of a Ghost Hunters type of show and their stay at an actual haunted asylum. A smart script, solid acting and a few unexpected surprises make it worth a watch.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Scott Miller   02-27-2012, 02:51 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:My son and I got some good scares out this little low-budget winner. It is yet another 'found film' movie but you shouldn't let that deter you. It is the story of a Ghost Hunters type of show and their stay at an actual haunted asylum. A smart script, solid acting and a few unexpected surprises make it worth a watch.

I should add that while there is some shaky camera work, a lot of it takes place in front of the stationary cameras that the crew sets up for their investigation so the dramamine isn't necessary.

Scott

Tony H   03-01-2012, 01:09 PM
I thought the concept was good, but I made the mistake of watching the extras (On disc,not streaming) and the arrogance of the amateur film makers (The Vicious Brothers) made the completed project less entertaining for me.

Here is a link to my review from September of last year.
http://thespiritseekers.wordpress.com/ta...mal-state/

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
Scott Miller   03-01-2012, 01:31 PM
Tony H Wrote:I thought the concept was good, but I made the mistake of watching the extras (On disc,not streaming) and the arrogance of the amateur film makers (The Vicious Brothers) made the completed project less entertaining for me.

Here is a link to my review from September of last year.
http://thespiritseekers.wordpress.com/ta...mal-state/

I thought the acting was a bit better than you did but other than that, your review is spot on. Plus I had zero expectations as I'd never heard of it prior to checking it out and I don't watch any reality shows or haven't seen Paranormal Activity.

Scott

Tony H   03-01-2012, 02:06 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:I thought the acting was a bit better than you did but other than that, your review is spot on. Plus I had zero expectations as I'd never heard of it prior to checking it out and I don't watch any reality shows or haven't seen Paranormal Activity.

The acting wasn't horrible, the actors just didn't have a lot to work with.

Overall, it was an enjoyable film, obviously done on the cheap, but I didn't turn it off. I really liked the no-way-out twist and the time-continuum manipulation aspect. It managed to create a sense of dread which was a plus.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
Scott Miller   03-02-2012, 11:33 AM
Tony H Wrote:The acting wasn't horrible, the actors just didn't have a lot to work with.

Overall, it was an enjoyable film, obviously done on the cheap, but I didn't turn it off. I really liked the no-way-out twist and the time-continuum manipulation aspect. It managed to create a sense of dread which was a plus.

I agree that is was enjoyable but not great. I'm quite happy just to be entertained by a film; I don't need Citizen Kane every time(in fact, I hate CK; I only use it to illustrate my point).

And is that where you've been posting reviews? I've always enjoyed(but not loved and that's ok)your takes on movies.

Scott