Pages (3):    1 2 3
madh0us3   02-10-2012, 09:06 AM
Very nice, a "quick fix" lol.
Dave   02-10-2012, 01:48 PM
fpw Wrote:Just formatted the ms for the international ebook (I retain all those rights) and made a simple change:

But the first thing to do was remove himself as far from here as possible. He’d need the car for that. He’d only recently leaned how to drive. He’d left home as a child – a very wealthy child who could afford a chauffeur – and so he’d never had a need until his sojourn in North Carolina. But he’d never driven in snow.
How hard could it be? The roads were filled with idiots.

The same will go into the US paperback.
I'll be sure to update the Gauntlet edition I have with black biro and tipex Smile
Marc   02-10-2012, 01:58 PM
fpw Wrote:But the first thing to do was remove himself as far from here as possible. He’d need the car for that. He’d only recently leaned how to drive. He’d left home as a child – a very wealthy child who could afford a chauffeur – and so he’d never had a need until his sojourn in North Carolina. But he’d never driven in snow.

Please tell me you didn't write "He’d only recently leaned how to drive." :p
Chukapi   02-10-2012, 06:43 PM
fpw Wrote:Just formatted the ms for the international ebook (I retain all those rights) and made a simple change:

But the first thing to do was remove himself as far from here as possible. He’d need the car for that. He’d only recently leaned how to drive. He’d left home as a child – a very wealthy child who could afford a chauffeur – and so he’d never had a need until his sojourn in North Carolina. But he’d never driven in snow.

The same will go into the US paperback.

See, I would think the simplest fix would be to ask the question: with the house blowing up around him, the chauffeur dead - where are the car keys???
fpw   02-11-2012, 10:02 AM
Marc Wrote:Please tell me you didn't write "He’d only recently leaned how to drive." :p

:rain: That's why I need proof readers.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Pages (3):    1 2 3