Bexx   01-28-2012, 12:51 AM
Hello,
I'm new to the boards but I've been reading these books for over 10 years. The problem is, I've read some of them so long ago that I can't remember which book is which. Let me explain. I've gone through the book descriptions and I've even looked at Amazon to try to refresh my mind on which book is which but I can't remember the title of a certain one. My father in law had loaned me the books and I can't get to them to reread them all right now. However, I do want to read some of the old ones before I read the last one. Does that make sense? Anyway, the book that I'm trying to find has Jack, and a bunch of others stuck in a house or an apartment building and they're not able to go out because of creatures coming out of a hole in Central Park. Now, I know that NightWorld is supposed to have a similar storyline but I know for 100% that I have already read a book in this series that describes this and that I read it years and years ago. Did F. Paul Wilson talk about this in an earlier book? I'm not a troll or whatever, I'm really confused and trying to figure this out because it's driving me crazy. Please help.
Alvin Fox   01-28-2012, 01:53 PM
The scene you describe is in [Nightworld].
madh0us3   01-28-2012, 01:58 PM
I've read through all the RJ and Adversary books over the last few months (have not read the original Nightworld though), and I don't remember anything about monsters coming out of a hole in Central Park.

I DO know that holes and monsters had a strong presence in Conspiracies. That's the one where Jack attended the UFO/Conspiracy convention. Some shady characters descended a hole in a basement to the "other" or whatever, and the house in Monroe gets sucked into the giant hole. I also remember Jack(?) having dreams or premonitions about an ever-expanding hole sucking in everything in its path.
The Mad American   01-28-2012, 04:06 PM
Alvin is correct on this one. The original of the book and the revised version will be released this coming May.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

cobalt   01-28-2012, 04:32 PM
You've done what I did, Bexx. I read [SPOILER]Nightworld[/SPOILER] years before I discovered Jack and then the Adversary cycle.

Welcome to the board. Smile

EWMAN
rjack_fan   01-28-2012, 09:48 PM
:welcome:

Looks like you have your answer! This is definitely the place for any and all questions about Jack or any other FPW book. As long as you play nice in the sandbox and stay reasonably on topic-ish (which is only required in the main forum and topic-specific forums, as Idle Chit Chat is wide open for anything) there is no concern for being labeled a troll. We welcome new points of view! Post away!
Ken Valentine   01-29-2012, 07:37 AM
Bexx Wrote:Anyway, the book that I'm trying to find has Jack, and a bunch of others stuck in a house or an apartment building and they're not able to go out because of creatures coming out of a hole in Central Park.
The hole in Central park is NIGHTWOLRD, the hole in the EVERGLADES is in GATEWAYS.
KRW   01-30-2012, 01:08 AM
Ken Valentine Wrote:The hole in Central park is NIGHTWOLRD, the hole in the EVERGLADES is in GATEWAYS.

Yep! And as Madhouse3 said... one in Monroe in "Conspiracies". (gotta love how these books are tied together!)