RichE   01-02-2012, 03:37 PM
I have been working with my good friend, film historian Philip J. Riley (who was once a Rocker in the great old 60's and 70's: a close friend of Jim Morrison and The Doors, and got to jam with Jimi Hendrix-doing THE FLYING DUTCHMAN OVERTURE on guitars!!!) in bringing back a series of out of film tie-in books. What really shocks me still is how many great books just seemed to have dropped out of sight!!!
I was on amazon.com and stumbled, actually falling flat on my ever aging face, upon the novel "THE STRANGE WORLD OF PLANET X" by Rene Ray. Now, for an old crabapple like myself, with a skull filled with trivia, this was the book that inspired the British movie of the same name (called "COSMIC MONSTERS"in the U.S.) starring Forrest Tucker. Bliss!!!
How many gems have you found at a fleamarket or house sale you would like to post here and share???
This post was last modified: 01-02-2012, 03:49 PM by RichE.
RichE   01-04-2012, 10:38 AM
One rare find, and I am talking rare, was finding the book "THE REVENGE OF FRANKENSTEIN" by Jimmy Sangster. It was only printed in the UK in 1958 (and will be printed over here in a few weeks) and this gem I obtained at Englishtown Auction (NJ). And in a used book sale, in good old Red Bank (ahhhhhh "Murphy's on Broad Street)NJ, I stumbled upon "QUATERMASS II by Nigel Kneale-First Edition. And at a fanboy horror show, in which F. Paul was appearing , I stumbled upon a First HC edition of "THE KEEP" and Richard Matheson's "HELL HOUSE" (also First HC) for under $15!!! There are gems to find!!!
This post was last modified: 01-04-2012, 12:59 PM by RichE.
madh0us3   01-16-2012, 12:06 AM
I just found two autographed copies of FPW's "By The Sword" just out on the tiny book rack at a non-book store. I bought one but didn't believe the autograph was real until I got it home and googled his autograph. When I discovered it was real, I went back and looked through their rack and found another one, which I also bought.