Pages (2):    1 2
Scott Miller   12-31-2011, 02:17 PM
Srem Wrote:Other than The Tery (which I liked) and Ratman (was ok), I haven't read any of the LaNague Chronicles material. I almost ordered them off of Amazon, but have never really been a big fan of sci-fi stories.

Is there any one else here that isn't a big sci-fi fan that still enjoyed the stories, and would encourage reading them?

That would be me. Not a huge SF guy but I did enjoy the LaNague books, especially Dydeetown World, The Tery, Healer, and An Enemy Of The State. Wheels Within Wheels is probably my least favorite FPW book though. They don't bombard you with a ton of science, the story is still paramount.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
rjack_fan   12-31-2011, 02:32 PM
I have a limited tolerance of SciFi, mostly limited to X-Files, Dr. Who (which i'm new to) and I guess some horror that might be considered to have SciFi elements. I do not like to wander into politics either.

However, I did enjoy the LaNague books a lot. The stories were good and solid, and of course Paul's writing style sucks you right in. An Enemy of the State really scared me as it mirrors a lot of the elements we are dealing with at the moment in real life. I'd recommend at least reading that one, and if you like it continue on.

I did find the books more enjoyable than the short stories, though that may be because I read the stories first and it was a lot to take in for a shorter piece given my limited SciFi tolerance.
rjack_fan   12-31-2011, 02:36 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:That would be me. Not a huge SF guy but I did enjoy the LaNague books, especially Dydeetown World, The Tery, Healer, and An Enemy Of The State. Wheels Within Wheels is probably my least favorite FPW book though. They don't bombard you with a ton of science, the story is still paramount.

I would agree that the story is definitely what drives the books. Dydeetown World is also very good. I'd go with that and Enemy as highly recommended.
Pages (2):    1 2