Medusa   12-22-2011, 01:16 AM
We just came back from seeing this (the theater was sold out too). GREAT MOVIE! I have seen all 3 of the original Swedish versions so I was a little hesitant about the American remake but they did an awesome job with it. They didn't just copy the movie word for word like "Let me In" vs "Let the Right One In". They changed a couple of things and added lots more from the book. I was surprised how much I liked Daniel Craig as Mikael Blomkvist. I expected to not like him but he did an excellent job. Rooney Mara is just an awesome Lisbeth Salander. I loved Noomi Rapace but I have to give it to Rooney on this one. If you've seen the Swedish version you will enjoy this. If you've read the book you will really enjoy it since more is taken from the book. I give it 2 thumbs up!

Now they need to get their butts in gear and get the second one made! lol

Veronica
http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x41/Medusa-Warthog/
The Snake Lady from Texas!
cobalt   12-22-2011, 10:44 AM
Sounds good, Medusa. I've read the books....so I'll try and catch this one.

EWMAN
Tony H   12-22-2011, 11:10 AM
cobalt Wrote:Sounds good, Medusa. I've read the books....so I'll try and catch this one.

I read the books and watched the original trilogy. I am looking forward to seeing this film, but I am sure it will be packed out for quite some time. Thanks for the review, I am now not so hesitant to spend money on it.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
GeraldRice   12-22-2011, 05:11 PM
I think I read the author of these books. Something else. he wrote. I quickly abandoned it because it annoyed the hell out of me that the story was told in the 2nd person. Could NOT take it. Were these books written in the 2nd person?

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Lisa   12-22-2011, 06:13 PM
GeraldRice Wrote:I think I read the author of these books. Something else. he wrote. I quickly abandoned it because it annoyed the hell out of me that the story was told in the 2nd person. Could NOT take it. Were these books written in the 2nd person?

I don't think Stieg Larsson wrote any other books besides these ones. He died before the books were even published.

I'm glad to hear the movie is good. I love the originals, and I dislike David Fincher, so I have low expectations. I hope to be pleasantly surprised.
Srem   12-22-2011, 09:09 PM
I watched all 3 of the original movies; I also have the first 2 books (but haven't read them yet; they were early Christmas gifts), but will probably wait to watch the movie remake. I like Daniel Craig and think he's a good choice for the lead male actor, but I have mixed feelings about the girl actor. Appearance-wise I don't think she fits the bill, but acting-wise could be a whole different story.

[SIZE=4]§ґφ[/SIZE]җ

Witchbreed Book of Dreams