Pages (4):    1 2 3 4   
Sigokat   11-15-2011, 04:21 PM
Another confirmation for me that JJ Abrams is way overrated and will soon be exposed for his shoddy and unoriginal work.

I mean, hell first he rips off Gilligan's Island and now FPW! What's next?!?!

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
Bluesman Mike Lindner   11-15-2011, 04:29 PM
Hard to imagine, with a man of so little pride. THE JETSONS, maybe?
Scott Miller   11-15-2011, 05:11 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Theft is theft, Scott.

I get that but lets face it, influences tend to show through and there is so much that has been written that the chances of anyone doing anything completely original are pretty slim.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Bluesman Mike Lindner   11-15-2011, 05:18 PM
Know what you mean--Homer the Poet
cobalt   11-15-2011, 05:30 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:I get that but lets face it, influences tend to show through and there is so much that has been written that the chances of anyone doing anything completely original are pretty slim.

I don't know Scott...that idea seems pretty original and the book was published years ago.

EWMAN
The Mad American   11-15-2011, 05:37 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:I get that but lets face it, influences tend to show through and there is so much that has been written that the chances of anyone doing anything completely original are pretty slim.

Riffing off someone who you have been influenced by is one thing, but outright plagiarism/theft is completely another.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

Scott Miller   11-15-2011, 05:51 PM
cobalt Wrote:I don't know Scott...that idea seems pretty original and the book was published years ago.

The Mad American Wrote:Riffing off someone who you have been influenced by is one thing, but outright plagiarism/theft is completely another.

I did say that it was pretty blatant in this case. I just think its hard to prove and makes the accuser seem like an ass. Do you think the watchers of Fringe who are unfamiliar with FPW or Costello care a whit about them and their idea? I don't. I'm not saying I'm happy about it but its the reality of the situation IMO.
This post was last modified: 11-15-2011, 06:29 PM by Scott Miller.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Bluesman Mike Lindner   11-15-2011, 06:24 PM
I'd find me time better used working on new tales, rather than worrying about plagerism. (SO TRUE, LITTLE BLUES. BY THE WAY, WHY DOESN'T YOUR LAWYER RETURN MY LAWYER'S PHONE CALLS?--BOB DYLAN)
mogrith   11-15-2011, 07:11 PM
So I'm still watching older seasons of Fringe and am not up to date. Are these the same disks removed from hands in the first season?

Anyway All I can do is buy the book so I did. So at least you get a little profit from their use of your IP.
Sigokat   11-16-2011, 09:51 AM
I agree with, Scott. There is just so much material out there now that coming up with something completely original seems almost impossible.

I'm not saying it is right, but its so hard to stop it now that it seems almost not worth the time (up to the individuals meaning ripped off though). And like he also stated, for non-FPW fans that watch the Fringe, they won't even know the source material is ripped off, let alone care that it was.

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
Pages (4):    1 2 3 4