BSeth   11-14-2011, 12:52 PM
FPW's recent creation of the Abe's Bookshop brought a question to mind.

How do you know what edition of a book you have? I have Legacies and Conspiracies with the same coverart as what's in Abe's Bookshop. Also, I recently acquired a hardcover copy of The Select with coverart that I haven't seen before.

Any thoughts?
Marc   11-14-2011, 01:24 PM
The best place to find out what edition you have is the Bibliography. There is a condensed version here and a full version here.
IanSF   12-31-2011, 09:51 PM
I'd like to collect all of the Adversary Cycle in the large Trade Paperback format 8" x 5 1/2" that have been reprinted recently (even though the cover for 'The Keep' is awful). I have all the books already but the editions are all mismatched in format.
The problem I have is that there are several editions of 'The Tomb' that have come out since the 'Definitive Edition' revision. Can anyone tell me which one matches the others that have been published in the last couple of years?
A link to a seller would be much appreciated.
rjack_fan   12-31-2011, 10:29 PM
As far as I know the recent release matching the others (like reprisal released earlier this month) is the newest edition. I do not believe there have been revisions to The Tomb in the last couple of years.

I could be wrong though, and i'm sure someone here knows for sure!
IanSF   01-01-2012, 08:29 PM
It's not the revisions, it's the different formats and covers. The Tor Trade PB of March 15 2011 is shown on Amazon with this cover: [Image: TOMB.jpg]It is the large format (21x14cm), but the wrong cover.

The matching cover I'm after:[Image: tomb_2.jpg]is only shown as published in Aug 2006 (which must be FPW's first revision and is listed as the Mass Market PB edition) and is only 16.5 x 10.4cm.
I don't want to order the new reprint to get the wrong cover.
This post was last modified: 01-01-2012, 08:33 PM by IanSF.
t4terrific   01-01-2012, 09:32 PM
Marc Wrote:The best place to find out what edition you have is the Bibliography. There is a condensed version here and a full version here.
The full version has been essential for me putting together my collection. There are many things I'd never have known exixted except for the bibliography.
rjack_fan   01-01-2012, 11:18 PM
I think the images are wrong. I went into my order history from earlier this year, here is the link to the entry that I purchased, and I got the cover you are looking for:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0765327...00_details

It does have the correct publisher and year listed, so that is encouraging. I am looking forward to having them all in the same format too, only one more to go!
IanSF   01-03-2012, 08:32 PM
Thanks for your help, it has made me feel a lot more confident in placing my order. The problem here on Amazon UK is that 'The Tomb' is only available from a marketplace seller and not from Amazon directly.