fpw   10-26-2011, 09:25 PM
just heard that the lead guitarist in ALL of my old groups from my garage band days died last Monday. He lived in Colorado and I didn't even know he was sick. We did 2 studio recordings. He wrote this one for a mutual friend: Raccoon Goes Trippin' (dubbed off an old acetate - check out those pops and hisses)

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
cobalt   10-27-2011, 12:15 PM
My sympathies for your loss.

EWMAN
Lysistrata   10-27-2011, 12:42 PM
Sincere condolances.

Trying to be nice
Bluesman Mike Lindner   11-01-2011, 01:30 PM
Hard loss, my brother. Guess we're getting to the age when friends leave us. But if you believe in the after life (and I think the evidence is convincing), we'll all meet again.
This post was last modified: 11-01-2011, 02:19 PM by Bluesman Mike Lindner.
Ken Valentine   11-02-2011, 04:51 AM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Hard loss, my brother. Guess we're getting to the age when friends leave us. But if you believe in the after life (and I think the evidence is convincing), we'll all meet again.
What evidence?
Bluesman Mike Lindner   11-08-2011, 12:54 PM
Check out Colin Wilson's AFTERLIFE, Ken. To badly paraphrase him, "I took a commission for a book about life-after-death because I needed the advance. To my surprise, the more I studied the history, the more convinced I became. It's not unlike quantum physics--I cannot follow the higher mathematics, and it is certainly counter-intuitive, but one cannot dispute the real-world evidence."
Ken Valentine   11-08-2011, 07:35 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Check out Colin Wilson's AFTERLIFE, Ken.
The author of Vampires From Space?

No thanks.

I asked YOU, and naturally, you don't have an answer.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   11-08-2011, 07:43 PM
Yeah, Wilson's written sf, horror, and fantasy. (Kind of like another Wilson.) But let's not confuse the shrink-wrap with the meat underneath.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   11-08-2011, 07:45 PM
Sorry, Ken, the computer here is beyond me control. =What= did you ask? Evidence for life after death?
I find the cross-correspondences mighty. It's a long story, but if you're curious, google Myers and cross correspondences. interesting stuff.

Ah...computer...why ain't you bein' nice?

Well, gotta go anyway, for dinner with a couple of old B&N colleagues.

Take care, Ken.
This post was last modified: 11-08-2011, 07:56 PM by Bluesman Mike Lindner.