Pages (2):    1 2
Medusa   12-08-2011, 01:46 AM
I recently got into John Connolly's Charlie Parker series. I managed to get the whole series and now I'm about halfway through it. Great series.

Veronica
http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x41/Medusa-Warthog/
The Snake Lady from Texas!
Tall Tyrion   12-08-2011, 02:07 AM
If you haven't delved into George RR Martin, I highly recommend him. The Game of Thrones series (ASOIAF) is getting some well deserved attention because of the HBO series, but I'd recommend his older works such as The Armageddon Rag, Fevere Dream, and his short fiction such as the collection A Song For Lya as well. He's just a great writer.

Another author that I cannot recommend highly enough is David Morrell. The Fifth Profession and the trilogy The Brotherhood of the Rose, The Fraternity of the Stone, and The League of Night and Fog are standounts, but you won't go far wrong with anything he's written. His short story Orange is for Anguish, Blue for Insanity is one of the best horror shorts ever written, IMO.

And if you want to get caught up in a good (long) series of books set in an imaginary world, you could do a lot worse than the Necroscope series from Brian Lumley. Really great stuff.

James Newman's novel The Wicked, first mass market printing available now!
http://shocktotem.com/
Medusa   12-08-2011, 02:25 AM
David Morrell is awesome. I have several of his books. Always loved The Totem.

Veronica
http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x41/Medusa-Warthog/
The Snake Lady from Texas!
DannyC   12-08-2011, 02:51 AM
Medusa Wrote:David Morrell is awesome. I have several of his books. Always loved The Totem.

I'll echo you can't go wrong with Morrell. His book Creeepers will appeal to those who enjoyed the building hacking in FPW's Legacies.

For nonfiction building hacking, "Access All Areas" by Ninjalicious is quite a read.
This post was last modified: 12-08-2011, 02:55 AM by DannyC.
The Man of Fhinntmanchca   12-08-2011, 04:49 AM
I recently read George RR Martin's thoughts about 'The End' of LOST, and then saw an interview {(The Kevin Pollack Chat Show) with Damon Lindelof's reaction. Kind of entertaining in a snarks-fly sort of way.

I'm currently rereading Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged. Its actually a very fast-moving novel for one of it's sheer size.

I tilt at windmills, you tilt at windmills, we tilt at windmills together.

quixotic - Caught up in the romance of noble deeds or unreachable ideals; romantic without regard to practicality.
Asbury Park   12-13-2011, 08:06 PM
One word(well two!) Elizabeth Hand.I started with Waking the Moon and Black Light and then went to A**.com to find descriptions of more.There are some stand-alones and a trilogy I haven't braved yet(seems top heavy) The stand-alones I can't recommend more highly and there are links between them which are fascinating.Oh-and two of my all time favorites are Ushers' Passing and Boys Life by Robert McCammon.
This post was last modified: 12-13-2011, 08:13 PM by Asbury Park.
Pages (2):    1 2