fpw   01-11-2012, 11:04 AM
Received a heartfelt letter from an 8th grade girl today, ending with: "Also we need to see what happens with Jack and Weezy. I know in the last Repairman Jack novel (spoiler deleted) but what happens before?? And Levi and Saree?? Please write another young Jack book. Please?" To touch a young mind like that is so special, but I had to decline. In case some of you are wondering why no more, here you go:

"Your plea tore me up. You're not alone in wanting more. I'd love to write another teen Jack book (and the publisher would love it too) but I'm limiting it to a trilogy because these stories threaten to cause all sorts of problems in what is known as the continuity of the series. I can't have Jack learning things as a kid that he's not supposed to know till he's an adult. There's a reason for Levi and Saree's powers and I'd love to get into it, but not with Jack around. If I have time, I'll try to work out a series related to those Piney kids, but I've got other books I have to write first. Keep an eye on the newsletter and you'll be he first to know when I get around to it.

Thanks for writing me and for being a loyal reader."

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.