Sigokat   08-04-2011, 04:15 PM
Anyone else seen this movie? Jason Statham plays a hitman (referred to as a Mechanic) that seeks revenge after being double-crossed.

The story/plot line is obviously nothing new, but I really enjoyed the movie. Tons of great action, brutal killings, and plenty of sex and nudity Big Grin The movie never tried to make itself more than what it was, a slightly hyped up action flick.

With the exception of Snatch, this is probably the best role I've seen Statham in.

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
cobalt   08-04-2011, 04:19 PM
Is that the movie where he trains a new mechanic? And he lives on this island accessable only by boat?

EWMAN
Tony H   08-04-2011, 05:19 PM
cobalt Wrote:Is that the movie where he trains a new mechanic? And he lives on this island accessable only by boat?

I am a fan of Statham, primarily just The Transporter, everything he has done since the first two Transporter Films have been the same. I liked what I saw on the commercial so I will check this out.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
Brian   08-04-2011, 07:17 PM
[video=youtube;0u6GNu0jysQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u6GNu0jysQ&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

Good movie.

There is no wise man without fault
Medusa   08-04-2011, 08:38 PM
We just watched this last night. It was a fun movie. Like Sig said - lots of actions and killings, pretty much sums up a Jason Statham movie but he does them perfect! I don't know what it is about him but I find him so sexy.

Veronica
http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x41/Medusa-Warthog/
The Snake Lady from Texas!
PicardRex   08-04-2011, 10:00 PM
Its a remake of an old Charles Bronson film, haven't seen the remake, but the original is quite good. Don't go in expecting the same amount of action or sex/nudity though.