Pages (10):    1 6 7 8 9 10
Brian   02-29-2012, 08:24 PM
whisper669 Wrote:do any of the books tell more about the original heirs-the twins? are all the rakoshi dead? what was the point of the dormentalist church burying the capsules at the nexus points? what about the necklace from the tomb? what about the occulus? were hank and jeremy full brothers and birth sons of jonah? why did jonah go thru so much to make sure this q'qr baby was born just for it to have such a simple death? why is the taint so strong in jack if his parents didnt have any? etc. etc. etc. so many questions with no answers. so much build up with so many things that lead no where!

You ask so many questions that have answers in the books. True, some of the questions aren't explained, as in the case of the Occulus.
I'll answer one. The Rakosh are gone, save one. Scarlip lives in the Pine Barrens of New Jersey. He is The Last Rakosh.

There is no wise man without fault
Scott Miller   03-01-2012, 01:36 PM
whisper669 Wrote:do any of the books tell more about the original heirs-the twins? are all the rakoshi dead? what was the point of the dormentalist church burying the capsules at the nexus points? what about the necklace from the tomb? what about the occulus? were hank and jeremy full brothers and birth sons of jonah? why did jonah go thru so much to make sure this q'qr baby was born just for it to have such a simple death? why is the taint so strong in jack if his parents didnt have any? etc. etc. etc. so many questions with no answers. so much build up with so many things that lead no where!

2 + 2 = 4.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
whisper669   03-02-2012, 04:22 AM
ok i get it i will reread all 15 of the repairman jack books
cobalt   03-02-2012, 10:32 AM
whisper669 Wrote:ok i get it i will reread all 15 of the repairman jack books

We all forget things and some of the people here on this board have a remarkable memory for those small details most of us miss.
The Rakosh....is one that is an obvious one. Some of the others are well hidden....it's a challange to find them and then make a connection...then it's something to share and be sort of proud of...that you made the connection first.

Another thing to try...is the search function on here. Many of the things you asked....have been asked and discussed before.

Enjoy these books.....there is only one left.

Oh...and welcome to the board, whisper. Smile

EWMAN
diane250   03-26-2012, 09:38 AM
Can't believe we won't be seeing Weezy and Eddie again! Will miss those two.
negator   04-01-2012, 02:34 PM
as far as loose threads go, i like 'em. all of real life is nothing but loose threads, and you have to choose which ones to weave, and which ones to leave.

i remember how disappointed i was when watching all the star wars prequels where every major character (except han solo) was somehow related to everyone else. loose would've been much better.

maybe a rich tapestry of fan fiction will be woven of these loose threads?
aggpride   04-03-2012, 12:28 AM
I don't mind any of the loose ends mentioned here. I don't think that every recurring character needs closure. But there is one unmentioned loose end that is driving me crazy: Jack still hasn't told Gia the truth about the accident that caused her miscarriage. I guess it just bothers me because they've been through so much and come so far since The Tomb (I couldn't stand Gia then). Jack shouldn't be keeping secrets from her at this point. I wonder if this will be addressed in Nightworld....

(Long time lurker, first time poster)
quikfix228   04-04-2012, 01:58 AM
what a perfect post. i agree fully, but i guess in the end jack is a man of secrets and thats just one more he ll take to the grave. besides, he has to spend most of his time thinking up ways to destroy R and the Otherness. no time for talking. but i felt the same way in the begining and my father gave me the same deal. there is no need to get into some of that stuff. it was necessary for the story and the information needed was provided and then it was on to the next step towards nightworld. fpw/rj is the man.
Dave F   04-08-2012, 09:06 AM

I believe burying the capsules was one way of killing the lady, and so opening the way for the change

Her body was marked by each one buried, I suspect completing the task would have killed her and set Nightworld in motion. As it is Ras found a way to short cut the process and kill her

The artist formally known as Britfan
Pages (10):    1 6 7 8 9 10