Pages (10):    1 4 5 6 7 8 10   
Bluesman Mike Lindner   10-25-2011, 12:57 PM
Excellent insight!
Monquito   10-27-2011, 09:42 PM
One thing I really enjoyed about it was showing Rasalom's human limits. The bloke still needs to use cell phones, catch cabs and has to look around for a glass for a drink of water.
LA2019   11-01-2011, 02:42 PM
Wow, what a page turner. Could hardly put it down!

I'm assuming that a few loose ends will be addressed in the "heavily reveised" version of Nightworld. (Can't wait!)

BUT...I do have one teensy-weensy critique. It concerns the scene where Mr. Drexler "rescues" Jack from the boys. With all that was going on and what jack knows/knew about Drexler I feel, that once outside and safe, Jack would have double-tapped Drexler right there and then. After all that had transpired, how could Jack possibly let Drexler live? Just my 2 cents.

Again, AWESOME book! I'm gonna miss Jack and his shenanigans.....
Bluesman Mike Lindner   11-01-2011, 02:59 PM
Well, LA2019...

While Jack kills when necessary (I wonder what his dreams are like...GIA--"It's OK, baby, it's OK"), why would he kill Drexler?
mores   11-01-2011, 04:22 PM
Initially I wanted to post here and tell you about how dissapointed I was with The Dark at the End. It read really fast, didn't tie up all loose ends, was confusing (Where'd the sword come from) and generally ended in a pretty depressing manner.

But now I'm into Nightworld (the old one, I want to compare it to the new one) and it just keeps going like that. So I think it's just the way the story is evolving. It won't be a happy end, it's quite a nasty situation they're all in and a lot of the issues on the side don't matter in the grand scheme of things.
When you're faced with the end of the world, who gives a sh*t about what Francis P. Winslow dreams up at night.

So actually I quite enjoyed The Dark at the End and the only reason I felt "let down" was because there was no happy end :o.
Blake   11-01-2011, 04:24 PM
LA2019 Wrote:BUT...I do have one teensy-weensy critique. It concerns the scene where Mr. Drexler "rescues" Jack from the boys. With all that was going on and what jack knows/knew about Drexler I feel, that once outside and safe, Jack would have double-tapped Drexler right there and then. After all that had transpired, how could Jack possibly let Drexler live?

Jack had his sights set on a bigger target, and he gambled that Drexler could help him reach that target.

Please support Friends of Washoe.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   11-01-2011, 04:39 PM
Well, hombre, you don't "dream up" things. Your subconscious mind is big as your conscious mind is. Just not as obvious.

And I was wondering about =Jack's= dreams.

Do his dreams reveal regret at the path he's taken? Do his dreams involve Weezy? Are his dreams infiltrated?

Dreams are mysterious. Hard to decipher them. But they tell the truth, as much as your subconscious can send a message.
This post was last modified: 11-01-2011, 04:46 PM by Bluesman Mike Lindner.
Cara   11-01-2011, 07:21 PM
Alvin Fox Wrote:For most of the book I was ready to crown Weezy the Queen of Bad Decisions.

Loved Weezy, will ALWAYS miss her, and her fine mind......Sad
The_Texan   11-02-2011, 10:25 PM
Blake Wrote:Jack had his sights set on a bigger target, and he gambled that Drexler could help him reach that target.

Just echoing the same thought here. For one, Jack's not a whimsical killer. He'll kill if it's the only solution or the best solution, and that wasn't the case here. Also, yes, Drexler had information that could lead Jack to R. Hence Drexler gets to live for a while.
The_Texan   11-02-2011, 10:36 PM
***SPOILERS Coming***

I liked how there were, interwoven through the backdrop of darkness, some very gratifying shiny nuggets to balance out the darkness in TDATE. Prime among them was the part where Glaeken tells Jack he not only has a full identity set up and just waiting for Jack, but a couple billion dollars to go with it. Of course, it's useless if they don't stop the Big R-man, but still it was a really nice touch.

I also found myself wondering if those billions get handed down eventually to LaNague, much much later on ...
Pages (10):    1 4 5 6 7 8 10