Pages (4):    1 2 3 4   
Fenian1916   08-10-2011, 10:32 AM
[video=youtube;zcsJEsRWPnI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcsJEsRWPnI&feature=related[/video]

Basket Case

[SIZE=2]"There are many things more horrible than bloodshed; and slavery is one of them."
Padraig Pearse[/SIZE]
Tony H   08-10-2011, 10:32 AM
Fenian1916 Wrote:Wasn't there one from the 70's too?

There was, it was "Son of the Blob" or "Return of the Blob", two titles for the same movie. It was pretty bad, like it was filmed without a script and all ad-libbed. They froze the blob on an ice rink at the end. It is a great movie for pure 70's schlock.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
Tony H   08-10-2011, 10:35 AM
Fenian1916 Wrote:[video=youtube;zcsJEsRWPnI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcsJEsRWPnI&feature=related[/video]

Basket Case

We must have grown up watching the same movies. I watched this again recently on Netflix and I realized that this was almost a comedy, again this was lost on me when I saw it as a kid and it scared the bejeezus out of me.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
Fenian1916   08-10-2011, 10:47 AM
That movie is funny as hell and I don't think it was supposed to be LOL Horror movies are great or come off comical there doesn't seem to be much middle ground

[SIZE=2]"There are many things more horrible than bloodshed; and slavery is one of them."
Padraig Pearse[/SIZE]
Sigokat   08-10-2011, 10:50 AM
Tony H Wrote:Not really, but from another movie so bad it was good. This is one of my favorite bad films...this and Chopping Mall were another bunch of movies I rented repeatedly from the video store.

[video=youtube;lSW2pPlZF-M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSW2pPlZF-M[/video]

What's funny is that I watched "Throw Momma..." a few months ago and it made me think of this scene. I only saw it once as a kid, but I guess it made such an impact on me. I always remembered it as being from a Tales From the Darkside episode, but is that true? Is that what its from or is it from something else?

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
PicardRex   08-10-2011, 11:01 AM
Its from Deadly Friend, a pre-Scream post Nightmare Wes Craven film. Whats truly horrifying about that movie, listen to the song played over the credits at the end all they say is Bebe over and over, if you've seen the movie you'll know why. It was actually based on a book too. Another great scene in a Craven movie is Shocker, when they are controlling the killer with the remote and just flinging him all around the room, I remember it as being really funny.
Tony H   08-10-2011, 11:45 AM
PicardRex Wrote:Its from Deadly Friend, a pre-Scream post Nightmare Wes Craven film. Whats truly horrifying about that movie, listen to the song played over the credits at the end all they say is Bebe over and over, if you've seen the movie you'll know why. It was actually based on a book too. Another great scene in a Craven movie is Shocker, when they are controlling the killer with the remote and just flinging him all around the room, I remember it as being really funny.

The trailer for "Deadly Friend" is very misleading, I just watched it. It makes it seem like she is just a crazy psycho girl. There is so much more to it than that. LOL, not that the story is richly layered or anything.

Until Scream came along, Wes was on a downward spiral. New Nightmare was okay, that sort of early "meta" horror, self aware kind of thing paved the way for scream.

But now, all I can think of is "Bee Bee!"

Certified 100% Serious
PicardRex   08-10-2011, 01:51 PM
Exactly, I had that stupid song stuck in my head for like a week afterwards.

I actually like some of his other stuff, the aforemetnioned Shocker, People Under the Stairs, Serpent and the Rainbow. But I will say, his best was probably the original Nightmare on Elm Street.
The Mad American   08-10-2011, 01:52 PM
PicardRex Wrote:Exactly, I had that stupid song stuck in my head for like a week afterwards.

I actually like some of his other stuff, the aforemetnioned Shocker, People Under the Stairs, Serpent and the Rainbow. But I will say, his best was probably the original Nightmare on Elm Street.

Oh man, Serpent and the Rainbow. It wasn't even a death scene so it doesn't really fit but the nailing of the junk to the chair. Ugh.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

PicardRex   08-10-2011, 02:33 PM
What kills me about Serpent and the Rainbow is that the way he beats the bad guys and the voodoo is that towards the end of it, he just bascially says "I'm tired of this shit" and then beats up the bad guys that had been bugging him the whole film. Its like he could have ended it at any point, but couldn't be bothered to. The whole film they tell you and try an dimpress you with how bad voodoo is, and basically all you have to do to beat it is just say fuck it, I'm done. Lame, but kinda funny ending.
Pages (4):    1 2 3 4