Pages (3):    1 2 3   
How should the revised edition of Nightworld be described on the coverPoll:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
A Novel in the Adversary Cycle
6 (25.00%)
A Repairman Jack Novel
2 (8.33%)
A Repairman Jack Novel in the Adversary Cycle
16 (66.67%)
Total 24 vote(s) 100%
Tony H   07-28-2011, 09:33 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:Do we?

Well, Paul has said that RJ will play a larger part in the revised edition of Nightworld, so I can only take his word for it.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
Ken Valentine   07-29-2011, 05:40 AM
Tony H Wrote:Well, Paul has said that RJ will play a larger part in the revised edition of Nightworld, so I can only take his word for it.
I missed that.
Tony H   07-29-2011, 09:39 AM
Ken Valentine Wrote:I missed that.

Well, at least I "RECALL" that he said that, but I also drink a lot so...

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
Lisa   07-29-2011, 09:53 AM
He definitely said that at one time. It might have been in person, though, rather than in an official capacity.
Marc   07-29-2011, 10:29 AM
Lisa Wrote:He definitely said that at one time. It might have been in person, though, rather than in an official capacity.

He definitey did but, again, the jury is still out on how heavily revised from the Borderlands revised edition. My bet is not too heavily. So I suspect it will be "heavily" revised from the original release but "minimally/moderately" revised from Borderlands edition.
Tony H   07-29-2011, 10:57 AM
Marc Wrote:He definitey did but, again, the jury is still out on how heavily revised from the Borderlands revised edition. My bet is not too heavily. So I suspect it will be "heavily" revised from the original release but "minimally/moderately" revised from Borderlands edition.

I haven't read the BP version. The last version I read was the 90s paperback.

Certified 100% Serious
fpw   07-29-2011, 12:39 PM
The May 2012 reprint will be lightly revised from the BP version. If you're not paying close attention, you might not notice.

The cover proof said "A Repairman Jack Novel" but I objected. They say they want "Repairman Jack" on the cover for obvious reasons. I suggested a compromise: "Repairman Jack at the End of the World" and they like it.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Peter   08-02-2011, 02:59 PM
RJ At The End Of The World. I like that!

It has a sort of Jules Verne/H.G.Wells ish ring to it!

Well, I've never seen one do THAT before
Noodle   08-04-2011, 04:59 PM
Interesting. I consider all the AC and RJ books to be part of the Secret History series. Not that one exists outside of my head.
Alvin Fox   08-07-2011, 01:43 PM
As I read the Borderlands Press edition for the first time, I hope one of the light revisions is the title of the second section. "Twighlight"
Pages (3):    1 2 3