Pages (5): 1 2 3 4 5   
RootsReggae   07-26-2011, 01:15 PM
Hows about a thread where we talk about movie that SHOULD be remade. Hollywood loves to remake movies, usually movies that were good and don't need to be remade. Obviously "The Keep" should be remade without the monster that looked like a juiced up wightlifter with his epidermis missing. Also "Ghost Story" should be remade. The original did not hold true to Straub's book, and it was not scary.
Lisa   07-26-2011, 01:26 PM
Gone with the Wind. Before you gasp at my audacity, let me say that this is my mom's favorite book and movie, so I grew up with it and have a great deal of respect for it. It's an awesome movie, but it has some flaws. I think that another version could be made where the characters better resemble the ones in the book. Ashley in particular was a disaster in the movie, whereas in the book it made a lot more sense that Scarlett would be hanging with him. Some things in the movie just don't make much sense (at least in my head) because they pulled events from the book but didn't back them up with the right characterization. Please don't shoot me, LOL.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   07-26-2011, 01:49 PM
In 1968, I adventured to Bavaria with my dear old mother and Aunt Teresa. To our families' ancient farm in Knolling. And, in my ignorance, thought English language books would be easy to find in the nearest little big city, Amberg. Big American Army base nearby.

Wrong, Little Blues!

I'd brought one book with me--GONE WITH THE WIND. Wound up reading it 8 times in 6 weeks.

Coulda been worse, I guess. At least I didn't bring as my one book THE COMMUNIST MANIFESTO.
t4terrific   07-26-2011, 02:23 PM
1984. Simply because the book deserves to finally have a great film based on it, and the subject matter applies, in America, more than it ever has.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   07-26-2011, 03:08 PM
Some great books just =can't= be made into movies. Could yez imagine THIAHM as a flick?

And t4, while Obama is a disaster, we are very, very far from 1984.
Tony H   07-26-2011, 03:19 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Some great books just =can't= be made into movies. Could yez imagine THIAHM as a flick?

And t4, while Obama is a disaster, we are very, very far from 1984.

Woops. President bashing is disallowed in the entertainment forum.

More importantly though...what is THIAHM?

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
Lisa   07-26-2011, 03:22 PM
The Hooker is a Harsh Mistress?
Tony H   07-26-2011, 03:27 PM
Lisa Wrote:The Hooker is a Harsh Mistress?

LMFAO! I am embarrassed to admit I goggled that to see if it was a real book or not.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
Tony H   07-26-2011, 03:28 PM
The Hour Is At Hand, Mallory?

Certified 100% Serious
cobalt   07-26-2011, 03:41 PM
It's Heinlein......with a typo. The Moon is a Harsh Mistress.

EWMAN
Pages (5): 1 2 3 4 5