Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6   
Bluesman Mike Lindner   07-13-2011, 03:02 PM
You've wandered onto the wrong set, MadAm. You were supposed to show for the 6AM makeup-and-wardrobe call for DR. FRANKENSTEIN--BOOKSELLER.

Guys would kill for your union card, hombre.

Don't risk it.
RootsReggae   07-13-2011, 03:13 PM
Even though I don't have internet at home I agree it's BS and have some netflix ccomplaints myself. I just rented Sanctum and tried to watch the extra features and got a message that "this is a rental disc - to access these feature please buy the movie"

Also I've noticed (and I don't know if this is just a netflix rental thing) certain new movies will not let you access the menu, fast forward, or chapter forward past the previews. About 2 months ago I rented a movie (I think it was the newest Narnia, not positive) and it forced you to sit through 10 minutes of previews. There is no way around it.
Marc   07-13-2011, 03:15 PM
Some of these complaints aren't Netflix fault but the studios. They make more money from people buying a copy as opposed to renting, so they're trying these annoying tactics.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   07-13-2011, 03:19 PM
Makes sense, Marc, but it could backfire.

More souls could turn to Bible study.

And THE TEN COMMANDMENTS and THE GREATEST STORY EVER TOLD...
webby   07-13-2011, 04:08 PM
I'm seriously thinking about switching over to Amazon Prime.

Netflix streaming + 1 DVD at a time = 191.76 per year.

Amazon Prime (streaming + "rentable" DVDs + free 2-day shipping on all Amazon purchases) = 79.00 per year.

Anybody using Amazon Prime for movies? Is it worth the price?

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Mad American   07-13-2011, 04:13 PM
webby Wrote:I'm seriously thinking about switching over to Amazon Prime.

Netflix streaming + 1 DVD at a time = 191.76 per year.

Amazon Prime (streaming + "rentable" DVDs + free 2-day shipping on all Amazon purchases) = 79.00 per year.

Anybody using Amazon Prime for movies? Is it worth the price?

I started looking very seriously at that when I got the Netflix email yesterday. I have no personal experience with the Amazon service but the one complaint from users that I kept running into was that they don't have a very good selection for streaming. How true that is I don't know, but I was the complaint enough that it makes me wonder.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

webby   07-13-2011, 04:30 PM
The Mad American Wrote:I started looking very seriously at that when I got the Netflix email yesterday. I have no personal experience with the Amazon service but the one complaint from users that I kept running into was that they don't have a very good selection for streaming. How true that is I don't know, but I was the complaint enough that it makes me wonder.

I have heard that too, now that you mention it. But maybe it will get better soon, as this is still a relatively new service for Amazon.

On the other hand, I find that Netflix doesn't have many new release movies for streaming either. That's the main reason I kept the 1 DVD at a time as part of my plan.

It's Thirteen O'Clock
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Mad American   07-13-2011, 04:34 PM
webby Wrote:I have heard that too, now that you mention it. But maybe it will get better soon, as this is still a relatively new service for Amazon.

On the other hand, I find that Netflix doesn't have many new release movies for streaming either. That's the main reason I kept the 1 DVD at a time as part of my plan.

Exactly the same reason I did as well. The streaming selection at Netflix improved but they rarely had the new releases, so I kept the 1 DVD for that. There is no way I will continue the 1 DVD part though. And I am actively looking for other options.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

Alvin Fox   07-13-2011, 04:34 PM
My complaint is that I get the free instant video rental when I purchase a blu-ray and I don't even use it. Seems like I'm wasting it.

Quote:Buy This Blu-ray and Watch it Instantly Watch the Amazon Instant Video rental on your PC, Mac, compatible TV or compatible device at no charge when you buy this Blu-ray disc from Amazon.com. Your rental will expire 2 days after you begin watching or 30 days after your disc purchase, whichever occurs first. The Amazon Instant Video version will be available in Your Video Library and is provided as a gift with disc purchase. Available to US customers only.
webby   07-13-2011, 04:40 PM
The Mad American Wrote:Exactly the same reason I did as well. The streaming selection at Netflix improved but they rarely had the new releases, so I kept the 1 DVD for that. There is no way I will continue the 1 DVD part though. And I am actively looking for other options.

Exactly. It was worth an extra couple of bucks. It is NOT worth double the previous price.

I predict Netflix is going to seriously regret this decision.

AlvinFox Wrote:My complaint is that I get the free instant video rental when I purchase a blu-ray and I don't even use it. Seems like I'm wasting it.

LOL. I wasted a free single-song mp3 download when I bought a couple of CDs on Amazon. It only bothered me for a couple of days. Wink

It's Thirteen O'Clock

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6