Pages (2): 1 2   
RootsReggae   06-23-2011, 01:15 PM
I read this article yesterday about self published John Locke reaching a milestone for ebook sales. All the books are $0.99 so I bought the first one of his Donovan series. Has anyone here read him yet and have any opinions they can share? I am going to read it soon as I finish Lanague.
Maggers   06-23-2011, 01:37 PM
RootsReggae Wrote:I read this article yesterday about self published John Locke reaching a milestone for ebook sales. All the books are $0.99 so I bought the first one of his Donovan series. Has anyone here read him yet and have any opinions they can share? I am going to read it soon as I finish Lanague.

Aww shucks, I thought this was a reference to my beloved John Locke of LOST fame. Dang.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

The Mad American   06-23-2011, 01:40 PM
RootsReggae Wrote:I read this article yesterday about self published John Locke reaching a milestone for ebook sales. All the books are $0.99 so I bought the first one of his Donovan series. Has anyone here read him yet and have any opinions they can share? I am going to read it soon as I finish Lanague.

I have never heard of John Locke. Will have to give him a look.

On a related note, has anyone else noticed the "authors" who somehow have piggybacked their names in any search you do in the Kindle store? JR Rain pops up on almost any specific author I search for. Search for F Paul Wilson, page 2 or 3 of the search will have a JR Rain book. Search say...David Gemmell, page 3 or 4 there he again. Maybe it is just me, but I will NEVER buy a JR Rain book. It seems to me either he, or his publisher has somehow used other author names in the description lists that generate search hits.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

Medusa   06-23-2011, 02:20 PM
Maggers Wrote:Aww shucks, I thought this was a reference to my beloved John Locke of LOST fame. Dang.

So did I Maggers!

Veronica
http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x41/Medusa-Warthog/
The Snake Lady from Texas!
cobalt   06-23-2011, 02:32 PM
Medusa Wrote:So did I Maggers!
Same here.

EWMAN
Peter   06-23-2011, 02:43 PM
I didn't.

Well, I've never seen one do THAT before
RootsReggae   06-23-2011, 03:57 PM
Here's the article
http://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainm...story.html

People must think it's good for it to sell a million copies. I was hoping to find someone that has read one. For $0.99 I'll give it a whirl.
webby   06-23-2011, 04:43 PM

I got the first one of the Donovan series also. Couldn't finish it. I didn't get vary far at all before I decided that the main character was nothing but a mercenary with a sadistic streak and not worth my time.

Repairman Jack, Jack Reacher, even Joe Pike are characters who aren't afraid to "go there" when necessary, but they have principles and would never, ever "go there" when the intended victim was completely innocent.

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Maggers   06-24-2011, 06:20 PM
[Image: 633679737659863139-JohnLocke.jpg]

Now THAT'S my John Locke! Big Grin

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Maggers   06-24-2011, 06:28 PM
http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/06/hawaii-...-news.html

OOoooh! Terry O'Quinn aka JOHN LOCKE is going to be joining the Hawaii 5-0 cast in a recurring role! Woot! One of my guilty pleasures is the new Hawaii 5-0. I love the scenery, and the Island of Hawaii is beautiful, too. Big Grin Good lord, there are more handsome hunks on that show than I've seen in a good long time, and the series had a nifty cliff hanger. The series as a whole turned out to be not as dumb as I thought it might be.

But to have two LOST characters back on the Island and in the same show will be great, for me at least. Smile
This post was last modified: 06-24-2011, 06:31 PM by Maggers.

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Pages (2): 1 2