Pages (3): 1 2 3   
webby   06-17-2011, 03:45 PM
WTF...
[INDENT]Tom Cruise as Lee Child's rugged Jack Reacher?

Tom Cruise is in talks to star as rugged former U.S. Army cop Jack Reacher in writer-director Christopher McQuarrie’s adaptation of Lee Child’s 2005 novel One Shot for Paramount, EW has confirmed.

(continued...)
[/INDENT]NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

[Image: 8031.gif] [Image: sad0147.gif]

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
cobalt   06-17-2011, 03:53 PM
But...Reacher is 6'5", blond and sane. Cruise is short, has dark hair and crazy.

What a way to ruin things. :mad:

EWMAN
A-dono   06-17-2011, 04:36 PM
I'm not even a fan of Reacher and that makes me cringe.
Peter   06-17-2011, 04:39 PM
cobalt79 Wrote:But...Reacher is 6'5", blond and sane. Cruise is short, has dark hair and crazy.
:mad:

Agreed, but APART from that..............

Well, I've never seen one do THAT before
cobalt   06-17-2011, 04:40 PM
Cruise is a good actor in some of his more recent movies....IMO I liked him in Tropic Thunder even.

But...he's not Reacher....no way...no how.

EWMAN
The Mad American   06-17-2011, 05:05 PM
webby Wrote:WTF...
[INDENT]Tom Cruise as Lee Child's rugged Jack Reacher?

Tom Cruise is in talks to star as rugged former U.S. Army cop Jack Reacher in writer-director Christopher McQuarrie’s adaptation of Lee Child’s 2005 novel One Shot for Paramount, EW has confirmed.

(continued...)
[/INDENT]NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

[Image: 8031.gif] [Image: sad0147.gif]

LMAO!! That is so bad it is freaking funny. Yeah, Cruise could play the Reacher character....NOT.

It goes back to a running joke that a couple friends and I have. If Hollywood ever makes an Elric movie (Michael Moorcock's anti-hero, who is albino and sickly) they would get Will Smith to play Elric.

Oh that is so bad, so bad.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

The Mad American   06-17-2011, 05:07 PM
cobalt79 Wrote:Cruise is a good actor in some of his more recent movies....IMO I liked him in Tropic Thunder even.

But...he's not Reacher....no way...no how.

The hardest part of making a Jack Reacher movie with Cruise cast as Reacher will be finding all the little people to cast in all the other roles in order to make Tom seem more imposing and intimidating. Or maybe they could just use the same FX that they used to make Gandalf seem so big to the hobbits.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

APhew   06-17-2011, 05:31 PM
I'm going to protest this bit of news by pretending it does not exist and living in a blissfull state of never having read it.
LolaRennt   06-17-2011, 06:07 PM
Cruise?? As Reacher? Hell no...

Why do I always do this to myself???
Kenji   06-17-2011, 06:26 PM
I haven't read Jack Reacher novels. I'm not sure Tom Cruise is good choice for J.R., but everybody says so... yeah, seems everybody hate him. :p Big Grin
Pages (3): 1 2 3